This guide shows you the Survival: Fountain of Youth Map for all of the available Regions and teaches you how the in-game Mapping mechanic works.
Quicklinks: How the Map Works | How Mapping Works
Global Map | Bird Region Maps | Buffalo Region Maps
There's a lot to explore in Survival: Fountain of Youth, and that means you're going to need a Map to see where you're going. The Map will show you where you can find Food, Fishing Spots, and more. Read on to learn how the Map works and see all of the Maps we've discovered so far!
How the Survival: Fountain of Youth Map Works
The Survival: Fountain of Youth Map is split into three "layers," each of which shows a smaller section of the game world in more detail.
- The Global Map shows all 5 Regions of the game world.
- The Region Map shows you all of the Local Zones within a Region.
- The Local Map shows you the island or islands you are currently on, along with icons representing various items, Animal spawns, etc.
The Global Map and Region Map are available at the beginning of the game. However, these do not give you much in the way of useful information -- all of the detail you care about is in the Local Map, and that means you'll have to do some Mapping to reveal it.
A Note on This Map Guide
The size of the Survival: Fountain of Youth Map and the density of the icons means that we were not able to show absolutely everything on each image. As such, some icons are not included, and many special items are split into their own guides.
Here's what you need to know about the maps in this guide:
- These Maps are not all on the same scale. Smaller islands (such as Lonely Rock) look larger than they are in the game since there isn't as much to show in a single image.
- All of the Maps show Water Sources, Animals, and Deposits.
- All other categories are not shown in this map, with the following exceptions:
- Skill Book locations can be found in our Book Locations Map Guide.
- Chronicles can be found in our Chronicles Locations Map Guide.
- Recipes can be found in our Recipe Locations Map Guide.
- Living Water can be found in our Living Water Locations Map Guide.
How Mapping Works in Survival: Fountain of Youth
It's important to note that the Map is not automatically revealed as you explore an area as it is in some other survival games. Instead, Survival: Fountain of Youth requires you to create specialized tools and spend time filling out your Map.
Here's how you can fill out your Map in Survival: Fountain of Youth.
- Craft a Mapping Tool (such as Mapping Charcoal).
- Open up the Map by pressing M.
- Press Space to activate Mapping mode. Mapping mode will not work if it's dark outside.
- Select your Mapping Tool and press Space again to begin the process.
- The area surrounding you will be revealed and the Mapping Tool will be consumed.
The Mapping Skill can make Mapping take less time, cover a larger area, and have a chance to randomly double the area you cover.
It's important to note that your Mapping range is determined by your height from sea level. Climbing up on some rocks or onto a hill will allow you to see further and cover a larger area. Cartographer Trees are especially tall trees that you can climb as long as you have one piece of Liana Rope, but they usually won't cover enough area for you to Map the entire island.
Not all Islands have Maps. The Sunken Ship in the Bird Region, for example, shows up on the Region Map, but it does not have an Local Map of its own.
Finally (and most importantly), you cannot Map while swimming. While you can climb onto some of the smaller islands surrounding the larger ones, you could potentially slide into the water and start drowning while the Mapping action is taking place. It's better to wait until you Craft a Boat and use that as a safe platform for Mapping the outlying islands.
Survival: Fountain of Youth Global Map
The Global Map shows the five main regions of Survival: Fountain of Youth. You begin the game in the Bird Region at the center of the map and you can later travel to the Buffalo Region after you make a Boat.
The Bimini Region, Panther Region, and Snake Region are still in development and are not yet available in the Early Access launch version of the game. You can view the Global Map at any time and look at the Region Map or Local Map, even if you're not currently in that Region or local area
Survival: Fountain of Youth Bird Region Maps
Here are all of the Maps for the Bird Region's Local Areas in Survival: Fountain of Youth.
Island of Hope
The Sunken Ship does not have a Local Map.
Survival: Fountain of Youth Buffalo Region Maps
Here are all of the Maps for the Buffalo Region's Local Areas in Survival: Fountain of Youth.
Scrap of Land (Northwest)
Scrap of Land (Northeast)
That's the end of our Survival: Fountain of Youth Map and Locations Guide. You can find many other helpful guides below!