This Survival: Fountain of Youth Book Locations Map Guide will tell you where you can find Books and how you can use them to improve your Skills!
Quicklinks: How Books Work | Bird Region Book Locations
It is said that knowledge is power, and Survival: Fountain of Youth embraces that axiom wholeheartedly. While you can empower your character by crafting powerful Medicines or learning new Survival Abilities, there are some special benefits that can only be acquired by finding hidden Books throughout the world. Read on to see where you can find them!
How Survival: Fountain of Youth Books Work
Survival: Fountain of Youth Books, once found, can be consumed to permanently improve one of your Skills with a unique Perk. Each Book is associated with a particular Skill and will unlock a new ability for that Skill that you can't otherwise get.
Books are not instantly consumed like Recipes -- you have to perform a task for 10 hours to read them. When you do, the Book will be destroyed and added to the list of Books that you've read in the menu.
It's important to note that there are not enough Skill Books in the Early Access launch version of the game to unlock all of the possible Skill Bonuses. Don't expect to be able to get them all until later updates!
Survival: Fountain of Youth Book Locations - Bird Region
Here are all of the Book Locations in the Bird Region in Survival: Fountain of Youth.
Island of Hope Book Locations
- Book of St. Albans (Fishing Skill)
- Letters to Lucilius (Athletics Skill)
- The Book of the Hunt (Shooting Skill)
Lonely Rock Book Locations
- The Canon of Medicine by Avicenna (Medicine Skill) - Inside the cave, next to a skeleton.
Sunken Ship Book Locations
- A Journey Beyond the Three Seas (Swimming) - Inside of the Santiago. You'll need the Key to the Door on the Bow of the Ship. Watch out for Sharks and Jellyfish!
Survival: Fountain of Youth Book Locations - Buffalo Region
Here are all of the Survival: Fountain of Youth Recipe locations in the Buffalo Region.
Red Island Book Locations
- List of Various Arts (Fire Starting) - Located next to a pair of skeletons on the Northwestern side of the island.
- History of Plants by Theophrastus (Gathering) - Located under a rickety wooden bridge west of the center of Red Island.
Windy Island Book Locations
- Book of Crafts by Etienne Boileau (Drying) - Underneath a ruined windmill on the northwestern side of the island.
- Treatise on the Science of Weapons (Throwing) - Partway into a long tunnel, next to a skeleton.
Santa Maria Book Locations
There are no Skill Books on the Santa Maria as far as we know.
Copper Island Book Locations
- The Art and Use of Fencing (Strength) - Inside of a wrecked, beached ship on the southern shore.
- Theatrum Orbis Terrarum (Mapping) - On top of the branches of the Cartographer Tree
- The Book of Washerwomen by Nicholas Flamel (Repairing) - Inside of a green tent in a dilapidated camp, slightly to the north of the island's center.
We hope you found our Survival: Fountain of Youth Book Locations Map Guide helpful. Make sure to check out our other guides, too!