Our Stranded: Alien Dawn Survivors guide will tell you about all of the game's characters and the best Survivors to take with you!
How Stranded: Alien Dawn Survivors Work
Stranded: Alien Dawn Survivors are the people who have survived an unknown catastrophe in space that has caused their ship to break up. 1-4 Survivors crash land on the planet below and are forced to survive on a world that is simultaneously familiar and alien.
Each Survivor has their own Traits, Relationships, and Skills -- and some Survivors cannot perform certain Skills at all. Additionally, each Survivor has preferences for certain relaxation activities or foods, either of which can give them a serious buff to Happiness.
Stranded: Alien Dawn Survivor Skills, Explained
- Combat - Affects targeting speed and chance to hit in combat.
- Construction - Affects Construction speed and success. Higher Skill levels are required for advanced Buildings.
- Cooking - Affects Cooking speed and success. Higher Skill levels are required for advanced Cooking Recipes.
- Crafting - Affects Crafting speed and success. Higher Skill levels are required for advanced Crafting Recipes.
- Farming - Affects Farming speed and success. Higher Skill levels are required to plant and successfully harvest advanced Crops.
- Healing - Affects the ability to Heal themselves and other Survivors.
- Intellect - Affects Researching speed.
- Physical - Affects the speed at which the Survivor performs Scavenging, Mining, and Cutting. Higher Physical skill allows a Survivor to carry more items in a single trip.
Can You Find More Survivors in Stranded: Alien Dawn?
Yes, you can find more Survivors in Stranded: Alien Dawn. While you can only start with a maximum of four Survivors, it's possible to randomly encounter other Survivors or to find them during Exploration Expeditions.
Stranded: Alien Dawn Survivors List
|Anette||F / 62||
||0 (-)||0||3 (+)||1 (+)||1||0||1||0 (-)|
|Carter||M / 70||
|Connor||M / 51||
|Daniel||M / 65||
|Edmund||M / 45||
|Emelin||F / 35||
|Jayla / Layla||F / 21||
||2||0||1 (-)||2||1 (+)||1||2||4|
|Greyson||M / 51||
||0 (-)||3||1||3 (+)||1||0||4||1|
|Hann||M / 45||
|Jack||M / 55||
|Kana||F / 25||
||0 (-)||1 (+)||2||6||1||1||2||1|
|Katina||F / 34||
|Ken||M / 20||
||7 (+)||1||0||1 (+)||0||3||2||4|
|Krista||F / 26||
|Laara||F / 36||
|Maki||F / 39||
|Naras||M / 38||
||0 (x)||1||1||2||1||2 (+)||1||3|
|Nova||F / 29||
|Paulette||F / 37||
||0 (-)||0||4||2||1||1 (+)||2||0|
|Quin||M / 33||
||0 (-)||5||1||3||0||0||3 (+)||3|
|Rakha||M / 40||
||0||5 (+)||2||2 (+)||0||0 (-)||3||2|
|Rita||F / 29||
||3||0||1 (+)||1||6 (+)||2||3||1|
|Samantha||F / 30||
|Simon||M / 33||
|Talas||M / 41||
|Umayr||M / 30||
|Vanessa||F / 46||
|Vivien||F / 65||
||0||0||2 (+)||1 (+)||1||0 (x)||2||1|
|Yokko||F / 68||
||0||0 (-)||3||4 (+)||1 (-)||4||2||0|
|Zander||M / 34||
- (+) - Interested in this Skill. Survivors will gain more experience performing Skills they are Interested in and will level them up faster.
- (-) - Indifferent to this Skill. Survivors cannot go above Level 6 in an Indifferent Skill and they will gain a Trouble (Happiness debuff) whenever they perform it.
- (x) - Incapable of this Skill. Will not perform this action under any circumstances.
Best Stranded: Alien Dawn Survivor Combination
The best Stranded: Alien Dawn Survivor Combination is Emelin, Greyson, Ken, and Vanessa. Here's why:
- Emelin's "Exquisite Cook" Trait provides a solid Happiness boost every time a Survivor eats.
- Greyson's "Avid Carpenter" Trait lets you build early-game structures faster.
- Ken's "Experienced Scavenger" Trait will help you collect Scrap Metal throughout the game.
- Vanessa's "Impeccable Healer" Trait allows you to avoid wasting medical supplies.
- Few downsides in Traits - Greyson's "Slowpoke" Trait makes him 25% slower, but he'll probably spend most of his time at the base Building and Crafting anyway. Vanessa's "Sickly" Trait makes her take twice as long to recover Health, but you'll have more healing supplies overall since her "Impeccable Healer" Trait allows you to avoid wasting them.
- There are no "Incapable" Skills and only two "Indifferent" skills - Greyson is Indifferent to Combat and Vanessa is Indifferent to Crafting.
- Greyson and Vanessa's sham marriage is still a marriage and they gain a Happiness buff from sleeping next to each other. (They will, however, gain an equal Happiness debuff if they do not sleep next to each other.)
Here is how I set up their Activities:
The only real weaknesses here are a relatively low Construction Skill (3) and a relatively low Farming Skill (also 3). However, both of these Skills will be built up pretty quickly in the early game if you have Greyson and Emelin focus on Construction and Farming, respectively.
As time goes on, you'll want to diversify their skillsets. I tend to let Emelin handle the harvesting of Crops (where failure equals losing plants), but I let everyone else help with planting them. Ken tends to focus on gathering materials and exploring, but Emelin can chip in with that as well.
Of course, you may find a different Survivor team that better suits your playstyle. I recommend this combination for a first playthrough to allow you to get used to the game and its mechanics. Playing with some of the other Survivors -- especially those with negative Traits -- could prove to be a difficult challenge for new players.
That's the end of our Stranded: Alien Dawn Survivors Guide, but there's plenty more to learn about the game -- check out our other guides below!