In this Stranded: Alien Dawn Farming Guide, we'll tell you how Farming works and show you all of the Crops we've discovered so far!
How Stranded: Alien Dawn Farming Works
Stranded: Alien Dawn Farming is simple in some ways and complex in others.
- Crops do not need water (although rain will boost their growth).
- Crops need to grow first. Then, a second "Harvest" stage has to complete before you can actually harvest the Crop.
- Most Crops are destroyed upon harvesting, although there are a few that keep growing forever (such as Fruit Bushes and Heptagonia).
- Crops need to stay above a certain temperature or they'll slowly lose Health. If they lose all of their Health, they're destroyed.
- Certain Events (such as Toxic Ash) will harm your Crops and there's nothing you can do about it.
- Pay attention to where you're planting -- better soil lets your Crops grow faster.
- Survivors with low Farming skill can destroy Crops when they harvest them. Make sure to train up low-Skill characters on fast-growing Crops that you don't mind using.
- Graincob (the Tall Leafy Plant) is needed for many important things such as Liquid Fuel and Antibiotics -- try to get it as soon as you can.
- Wild animals will eat your Crops if you don't protect them with a fence.
- Crops can survive through the Winter and continue growing in Spring as long as the temperature doesn't get too low.
How to Unlock Farming in Stranded: Alien Dawn
You can unlock Farming in Stranded: Alien Dawn by Observing any Crop, Bush, or Tree. Successfully Observing some flora will give you the ability to plant it and, as a consequence, unlock Farming for that one item.
How to Unlock More Crops in Stranded: Alien Dawn
You can unlock more Crops by Observing plants that you haven't yet discovered. You'll immediately unlock the ability to plant it as soon as the Observation is completed.
Best Crop to Plant in Stranded: Alien Dawn
The best Crop to plant in Stranded: Alien Dawn is the Graincob. As our Crafting Guide shows, It's used in a wide variety of recipes that are critical to unlocking new technologies. That said, you should try to grow a little bit of everything -- each and every Crop is useful in some way.
List of Stranded: Alien Dawn Farming Crops
|No Failure At||
|Beefberries||N/A||Farming 5||40%||12d / 4d||
||0 C||-2 C to 50 C||4 Beefberries|
||0 C||-10 C to 50 C||20 Hay|
||0C||-30 C to 50 C||20 Sticks|
||0C||-1 C to 50 C||40 Buttermelon|
|Chew Root||N/A||Farming 3||30%||12d||
||0 C||-2 C to 50 C||15 Chew Roots|
|Clothblossom||Farming 3||Farming 5||40%||12d||
||0 C||-1 C to 50 C||10 Cloth|
||-10 C||-50 C to 40 C||20 Wood|
|Fruit Bush||N/A||Farming 3||30%||35d / 15d||
||0 C||-30 C to 50 C||30 Bushfruits|
|Glitter Cap||N/A||Farming 3||30%||12d||
||0 C||-30 C to 50 C||5 Glitter Caps|
||0 C||-2 C to 50 C||10 Grain|
|Heptagonia||N/A||Farming 3||30%||20d / 8d||
||0C||-30 C to 50 C||10 Sweet Syrup|
||0 C||-30 C to 50 C||10 Silicon|
||0 C||-30 C to 50 C||10 Skinbark|
||0 C||-20 C to 40 C||20 Wood|
|Smokeleaf||Farming 3||Farming 3||30%||12d||
||0 C||-2 C to 50 C||5 Raw Smokeleaf|
That's the end of our Stranded: Alien Dawn Farming Guide. Why not check out some of our other guides below?