Persona 4 Golden is the 2014 rerelease of the classic PlayStation 2 JRPG. Persona 4 Golden is now available on both PlayStation Vita as well as PC via Steam. The upgrade from the PS2 version of Persona 4 to the PS Vita Persona 4 Golden didn't just come with some texture updates and a new platform. Through almost every aspect of the game, there have been tweaks and additions. Below are all of the changes and the parts of the game that they affect.
Persona 4 Golden Story Changes
- A new Bad Ending has been added - You achieve this ending by discovering the Serial Killer's identity but choose not to reveal it to your friends.
- Two new events have been added to the year:
- Skiing trip
- If you fulfill the criteria for the good ending, time for Social Links and Events will extend until Feb. 14, 2012
- By completing the Hollow Forest dungeon, you'll unlock an epilogue scene
Persona 4 Golden Exploration and Social Changes
- Two new Social Links have been added to the game
- Marie, a mysterious character introduced in the Golden edition of the game. Marie will be introduced to the player character in the Velvet Room and can be taken out when she's standing next to the Velvet Room door in the shopping district. Marie represents the Aeon Arcana.
- Tohru Adachi, an important character from the original version of the game. Adachi represents the Jester Arcana.
- By using the Scooter, the protagonist can reach areas previously only accessible in cutscenes
- Shichiri Beach - Where you can swim and fish
- Okina City - Where you can purchase outfits and watch movies with friends
- At night if Dojima isn't at home, the Protagonist can leave the house
- You can garden and catch bugs in the evenings
- Requirements for the Fox have been changed
Persona 4 Golden Dungeon and Combat Changes
- A new dungeon, Hollow Forest, has been added if you complete Marie's Social Link before Dec. 23
- Characters and Shadows have been rebalanced
- Team members have a chance to perform tag-team attacks
- Spell costs have been rebalanced
- Shuffle Time has been rebalanced
- Dungeon floors now reshuffle when moving from one to the next, as opposed to only being reset when leaving the dungeon completely
Persona 4 Golden Gameplay Changes
- New difficulty modes have been added. Difficulties are now: Very Easy, Easy, Normal, Hard, and Risky
- New Persona have been added
- When fusing Persona, you can select which abilities they will inherit from the base Personas'
- Bonus gallery content added that can be accessed from the "TV Listings" menu
Persona 4 Golden Visual Changes
- Enhanced Graphics
- Animated cutscenes have been added
- You can purchase costumes for your characters to wear in dungeons
Persona 4 Golden Audio Changes
- New music tracks are available in-game
- The English voice actors for Chie and Teddie are now Erin Fitzgerald and Sam Riegel respectively
What do you think of the changes that they were able to implement for Persona 4 Golden? Is there anything from the original you wish they left or changed further?