Are you wondering how to fish in Hydroneer? In this Hydroneer fishing guide, I'll explain how to get started fishing and how you can make some decent early game money doing it.
How to Fish in Hydroneer
Learning how to fish in Hydroneer is pretty easy, but you're going to need to get yourself a Fishing Pole first. Start by making some money by gathering ore from the nearby river and selling it. Once that's done, it's time to buy a Fishing Pole!
Once you have the Fishing Pole, it's time to learn how to use it!
How to Use the Fishing Pole in Hydroneer
- Pick up the Fishing Pole with E.
- Walk to a body of water.
- Left-click to cast your Fishing Pole.
- Wait for the bobber to get pulled down by a Fish.
- You can also hear the bobber go down — once you get some practice, you'll be able to fish just by listening.
- Left click in time and you'll pull up a fish. That's it!
How to Sell Fish in Hydroneer
You can sell Fish in Hydroneer just like you sell everything else — take it to the Jeweler, put it on the table, and press the button to get paid. A Fish's value is determined by how big it is — heavier Fish are worth more money!
How to Upgrade Your Fishing Pole in Hydroneer
You can upgrade your Fishing Pole by catching a specific kind of fish and depositing it into the appropriate bin in front of a glass case containing a new Fishing Pole. There are multiple fish to catch as of Update 1.7 -- see if you can catch them all!
How to Use the Hydroneer Fishing Pot
The Hydroneer Fishing Pot can also be used to catch Fish, but it might not be worth the money. You can buy a Fishing Pot by heading to Bridgepour — simply check your map and follow the road to get there. You'll find Fishing Pots (and many other items) sold at one of the shops in town.
Once you have a Fishing Pot, you simply have to left-click to switch to Building Mode and place it underwater. Wait a few minutes and then you can pick it up again and a Fish will drop out.
Tips and Tricks for Fishing in Hydroneer
Here are some Fishing Tips for Hydroneer that might make things a little easier for you!
- Keep a Pan or Cart nearby to store your Fish and immediately toss your catches in there. This saves you the trouble of having to load them all up later.
- The Fishing Pot is good passive income, but you can Fish much faster with a Fishing Pole.
- It may be a good idea to Fish closer to a Jeweler than your base — this way, you don't have to travel as far to sell what you catch!
- Fishing is good for early game income, but it's not worth it in the later game as you progress and build more machines.