While casting spells and creating combos is a big part of Hogwarts Legacy, the combat system doesn’t truly evolve until you’ve unlocked the Talent system following the completion of the “Jackdaw’s Rest” main scenario quest. Talents, which uses a point system earned through progression of the story, helps add a little more punch to your existing arsenal. You’ll be spending said points across a series of five categories to improve your character and make them a formidable foe during battle.
What Talents Are Available In Hogwarts Legacy?
The breadth of Talents in Hogwarts Legacy is spread out amongst five different categories. These include Spells, Dark Arts, Core, Stealth, and Room of Requirement – all of which you can spend Talent points on at your leisure. Just be aware that there are tiers for certain attributes that will gate you until you achieve the respective level, be it Level 5, 16 or 22. There’s really a lot of freedom here to craft your character and your gameplay experience, so let’s take a look at what each Talent has to offer.
All Hogwarts Legacy Talents By Type
Level 5 Spell Talents
- Incendio Mastery: Casting Incedio unleashes a ring of flame around you.
- Accio Mastery: Enemies near a target summoned by Accio are also pulled to you.
- Levioso Mastery: Enemies near a target levitated by Levioso are also levitated.
- Confringo Mastery: Confringo impacts produce fiery bolts that seek enemy targets.
- Depulso Mastery: Casting Depulso releases an additional blast directly around you.
- Diffindo Mastery: Diffindo casts slice through impacted enemies to strike additional targets.
Level 16 Spell Talents
- Bombarda Mastery: Bombarda causes an explosive blast with a massive area of effect.
- Descendo Mastery: A Descendo slam creates a damaging shockwave around your target.
- Glacius Mastery: Striking an enemy frozen by Glacius blasts damaging shares outward from the target.
Level 22 Spell Talents
- Transformation Mastery: Enemies struck with the Transformation spell transform into explosive objects.
Dark Arts Talents
Level 5 Dark Arts Talents
- Stunning Curse: Stupefy has the same effect as a curse on enemies. Cursed enemies take increased damage.
- Blood Curse: Dealing damage to a cursed target inflicts damage to all cursed targets.
- Knockback Curse: Flipendo has the same effect as a curse on enemies. Cursed enemies take increased damage.
- Disarming Curse: Expelliarmus has the same effect as a curse on enemies. Cursed enemies take increased damage.
Level 16 Dark Arts Talents
- Slowing Curse: Arresto Momentum has the same effect as a curse on enemies. Cursed enemies take increased damage.
- Enduring Curse: A cursed effect remains on an enemy for a longer period of time.
- Imperio Mastery: An enemy under your control with Imperio curses other targets with each successful strike.
- Crucio Mastery: Striking an enemy cursed by Crucio releases a projectile that curses a nearby enemy.
Level 22 Dark Arts Talents
- Avada Kedavra Mastery: Killing an enemy with Avada Kedavra kills all cursed enemies.
- Curse Sapper: Defeating a cursed enemy restores some of your health.
Level 5 Core Talents
- Ancient Magic Throw Expertise: Ancient Magic Throw catches and throws disarmed enemy weapons.
- Spell Knowledge I: A new Spell Set is added,
- Basic Cast Mastery: Basic Cast impacts reduce spell cooldowns.
- Protego Absorption: Successful Protego blocks will contribute to the Ancient Magic Meter. Perfect Protego blocks contribute even more.
- Swift: Holding down Dodge allows you to vanish quickly and reappear nearby.
- Spell Knowledge II: A new Spell Set is added.
- Wiggenweld Potency I: Wiggenweld heals you to a greater effect.
Level 16 Core Talents
- Spell Knowledge III: A new Spell Set is added.
- Revelio Mastery: Increases the range of Revelio.
- Basic Cast Airborne Absorption: Basic Cast impacts on airborne enemies contribute more to the Ancient Magic Meter.
- Protego Expertise: Blocking a spell with Perfect Protego will send two projectiles back at enemies.
- Evasion Absorption: Successfully evading an unblockable attack with Dodge contributes to the Ancient Magic Meter.
- Stupify Mastery: Enemies struck with Stupify remain stunned for a longer period of time.
- Wiggenweld Potency II: Wiggenweld heals you to a greater effect.
Level 22 Core Talents
- Protego Mastery: Perfect Protego releases a damaging blast that breaks enemy shields.
- Stupify Expertise: Stupify deals direct damage on impact.
Level 5 Stealth Talents
- Sense of Secrecy I: Enemies’ ability to detect you is reduced.
- Human Demiguise: Allows you to Sprint while using Disillusionment.
Level 16 Stealth Talents
- Sense of Secrecy II: Enemies’ ability to detect you is reduced.
Level 22 Stealth Talents
- Petrificus Totalus Mastery: Petrificus Totalus emanates an area of effect that can impact nearby enemies.
Room of Requirement Talents
Level 5 Room of Requirement Talents
- Edurus Potion Potency: Edurus Potion makes you invulnerable and deflects projectile attacks back to enemies.
- Invisibility Potion Potency: The Invisibility Potion’s undetectable effect lasts for a longer period of time.
- Fertiliser: For each Chinese Chomping Cabbage thrown, a second Chomping Cabbage is generated and released at no cost.
Level 16 Room of Requirement Talents
- Headache: The damage and duration of the incapacitating effect of Mandrakes are increased.
- Maxima Potion Potency: Maxima Potion causes attacks to have additional increased damage and break enemy shields.
Level 22 Room of Requirement Talents
- Thunderbrew Potency: The range and damage of the potion effect are greatly increased.
- Focus Potion Potency: The duration of the Focus Potion’s effect will be extended when any spell from the Spell Set is cast during its use.
- Noxious: Venomous Tentacula attacks deal additional damage and break shields.
That's it for every talent you can acquire in Hogwarts Legacy. No matter how you decide to build your character - there's plenty of options to choose from!