Despite being delayed, the Genshin Impact Version 2.1 live stream delivered plenty of news for fans to get excited about. Included in this news was the “reveal” of various upcoming Genshin Impact characters, with the most distinguished of which is the Electro Archon herself, Genshin Impact Raiden Shogun.
Now that we’ve seen the first two 5-star characters of Inazuma, Kamisato Ayaka as well as Yoimiya, miHoYo is pivoting into Version 2.1 with the Raiden Shogun. The Raiden Shogun was first introduced to us in her boss battle during the Inazuma Archon questline where her skill-sealing abilities put the traveler to the test. It is known that the Raiden Shogun is an Electro user who wields a polearm but switches to an Electro sword for her Elemental Burst.
Now, players will have an opportunity to try out the powerful Archon herself in Version 2.1’s banner. Thanks to information provided by Honey Impact, TechRaptor has you covered on a build for the Electro Archon.
Genshin Impact Raiden Shogun Guide - Team Role
While Electro is considered one of the weaker Elements in Genshin Impact, characters like Keqing and Razor still sit comfortably at higher tiers for their exceptional damage output. With the information currently available on the Raiden Shogun, it seems she will also reign atop the Genshin Impact tier list.
The Raiden Shogun's best role is that of a Burst DPS due to her powerful Elemental Burst. During said Burst, the Raiden Shogun's attacks generate Elemental Particles for all teammates. This also allows her to be an Electro battery for other Electro teammates, like Fischl.
Genshin Impact Raiden Shogun Guide - Talents
Raiden Shogun's Normal Attack - Origin
- Normal attack: Raiden Shogun performs up to five consecutive spear strikes.
- Charged attack: Raiden Shogun consumes some stamina to perform an upwards slash.
- Plunging attack: Raiden Shogun attacks while in mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging any enemies in her path and dealing area of effect damage upon impact.
Genshin Impact Raiden Shogun's Elemental Attack - Transcendence: Baleful Omen
- The Raiden Shogun unveils a shard of her Euthymia, dealing Electro damage to nearby opponents, and granting nearby party members the Eye of Stormy Judgment buff.
- The Eye of Stormy Judgment tracks party members, unleashing a coordinated attack alongside your active character. This attack deals area of effect Electro damage at the enemy’s position. The eye can attack once every 0.9 seconds per party member.
Raiden Shogun's Elemental Burst - Secret Art: Musou Shinetsu
- The Raiden Shogun pulls a sword out of her bosom (you read that right) and enters the Musou Ishin state, immediately dealing AoE Electro DMG.
- The sword, known as a tachi, is granted an Electro infusion that cannot be overridden. While in the Musou Ishin state, all of Shogun's Normal Attacks will generate Energy for all nearby allies. This effect can happen once every second and can occur a maximum of five times. Additionally, Shogun's resistance is bolstered in this state and she is immune to Electro-Charged Reaction DMG.
- The damage done by Raiden Shogun in her Musou Ishin state is determined by the number of stacks she has for Resolve. Resolve stacks are granted when nearby party members use their Elemental Bursts. Additionally, Resolve is earned when nearby allies collect Energy Particles generated by Shogun. Depending on the Energy consumed, the Raiden Shogun's Resolve will grow. This can maximize at 60 Resolve.
Genshin Impact Raiden Shogun Guide - Artifact Sets
Emblem of Severed Fate
A set commonly used on Burst-reliant characters.
- The two-piece set bonus is a 20% boost to Energy Recharge.
- The four-piece set bonus is a boost to Elemental Burst DMG by 25% of Energy Recharge. A maximum of 75% bonus DMG can be obtained in this way.
Building the Raiden Shogun around her Elemental Burst is the best way to maximize damage output and team synergy. Any boost to Elemental Recharge is beneficial to a character who utilizes their Burst often and additional Elemental Burst DMG scaled off of Energy Recharge is a perfect way to satisfy two essential stats for a Burst-DPS. These Artifact pieces can be collected in the Momiji-Dyed Courtyard Domain in Inazuma.
A set commonly used on Support and Sub-DPS characters.
- The two-piece set bonus is a 20% boost to Elemental Burst DMG.
- The four-piece set bonus is a 20% ATK boost bonus to all teammates, which is granted when the Artifact holder uses their Elemental Burst.
This set is helpful to the Raiden Shogun"s build as her damage centers around her Elemental Burst. These Artifact pieces can be collected in the Clear Pool and Mountain Cavern Domain, which is located in Liyue.
A set commonly used on Electro DPS characters.
- The two-piece set bonus is a 15% boost to Electro DMG.
- The four-piece set bonus is a 40% boost to damage caused by Overloaded, Electro-Charged, and Superconduct. Triggering said effects decrease Elemental Skill cooldown by 1 second.
Once again, the Raiden Shogun's Elemental Burst is the crux of her kit. Since her Burst infuses her weapon with an unchangeable Electro buff, Thundering Fury is a perfect fit for Raiden Shogun. These Artifact pieces can be collected in the Midsummer Courtyard domain, which is located in Mondstadt.
Genshin Impact Raiden Shogun Guide - Weapons
A 5-Star polearm coming to the weapon banner alongside the Raiden Shogun. Also the Raiden Shogun's slot-in weapon.
Increases ATK by 28% of Energy Recharge over the base 100%. This can grant a maximum of 80%.
Secondary stat that scales in Energy Recharge. Additionally, the user gains 30% extra Energy Recharge when activating their Elemental Burst
Since the Raiden Shogun's kit is all about being a battery for herself and her allies, a weapon that boosts Energy Recharge is important. Being rewarded for a high Energy Recharge with additional ATK also makes this weapon perfect for the Raiden Shogun build.
A 4-Star polearm available as a limited-time event reward.
- Secondary stat that increases Energy Recharge by a maximum 45.9%
- Passive that increases Elemental Burst DMG by 16% and Elemental Burst Critical Rate by 6%.
While this weapon is somewhat inferior to Grasscutter’s Light, it is available to all players who participate in the event. Despite the clear difference in power between the two weapons, “The Catch” is still a powerful weapon for the Raiden Shogun to wield due to the Energy Recharge and Elemental Burst stat increases.
A 5-Star polearm that can be wished for in the weapon banner.
- Secondary stat increases Energy Recharge by a maximum of 36.8%
- Additionally increases Critical Rate by 8-16% and ATK speed by 12%.
- Has a 50% chance on Normal Attack hit to trigger a vacuum blade that does 40-100% of ATK as DMG in a small AoE.
Skyward Spine is a safe choice for almost all polearm users, especially those who utilize their Elemental Burst often. The 36.6% boost in Energy Recharge isn’t quite as much as the other two weapons on this list, but an increased Critical Rate, as well as ATK speed, is hard to pass up.
Genshin Impact Raiden Shogun Guide - Team Composition
While viable as a Main-DPS, the Raiden Shogun's kit fits best as a battery and Burst-DPS due to her powerful Elemental Burst. Teammates that synergize well with an Electro battery are essential to maximized team compositions.
Even though Electro is considered weaker than most Elements, it isn’t useless. Superconduct is an Elemental Reaction triggered by Cryo and Electro, which decreases enemy physical resistance. This reaction is helpful to physical Main-DPS characters, like Eula.
A team for the Raiden Shogun could look like this:
- Eula (Physical Main-DPS, Superconduct)
- Raiden Shogun (Burst Sub-DPS, Superconduct, Battery)
- Diona (Shields, Healing, Cryo Resonance)
- Mona (Utility, Electro-Charged, and Freeze)
Eula and the Raiden Shogun bring this team together. With the constant application of Electro, Eula can trigger Superconduct Elemental Reactions that bring down the defense of enemies. When ready, the Raiden Shogun can be brought onto the field to use her Elemental Burst and do immense damage. Diona acts as a Cryo Battery for Eula while also giving teammates shields and healing. Mona’s purpose is to tack on additional Elemental DMG and providing Hydro-based reactions for the Cryo and Electro characters in the party.
Eternity is on the horizon and the Raiden Shogun will stop at nothing to preserve her ideals. With this Genshin Impact guide, you’re all set to enforce the God of Eternity’s suppressive rule over Inazuma.