After leaving Mondstadt with the wind at your back, the next place the Traveller arrives in Liyue, a region inspired by China. As you head towards Liyue Harbor, you might come across the Luhua Pool. This is a large lake with an important-looking platform out in the center of it. Once out there, you'll find a domain trapped underneath a magic circle. To gain access to the domain you need to complete the Genshin Impact Luhua Pool Secret.
How Do I Get to Genshin Impact Luhua Pool?
As you travel south down the main road from Wangshu Inn through the Guili Plains, it's the large inlet of water that would be to your right (left if you're looking at the map). If you've done any of the other quests in the area related to finding the sacred stone markings at the ruins, then you've probably already spotted this place in the distance. Walk, Swim, or Glide over to the platform and you'll see a series of Fire Markers all surrounded by locks.
Interact with the Rune Marker protruding from the ground and it will light up and start streaming glyphs out of it. (If you aren't able to interact with this marker, or Paimon gives you a message about it being unknown, then make sure you've completed the questline at the central ruins of the Guili Plains.) Once activated you will receive the following riddle on your screen.
Let anyone who follows in the footsteps of the immortals kowtow before the treasure's gate.
What Does the Genshin Impact Luhua Pool Riddle Mean?
It's pretty cryptic, and even after getting the solution, I'm not 100% sure what the riddle is referencing. In testing the Fire Markers around the circle, it became apparent that the fourth one you'd light would extinguish them all, but none were on a timer. The solution to the riddle is to set alight the three Fire Markers that still have pillars standing behind them.
In all honestly, I'm not 100% sure why this is the solution, whether the immortals referenced in the riddle is just pillars that haven't fallen down yet, or referencing the mountains that are behind those Fire Markers. Yet, in lighting those three, you will now have access to the Domain below. Once you land, you'll also earn the achievement "Hidden Place of Guizang Formula" and earn yourself 5 Primogems.
What Domain is in the Genshin Impact Luhua Pool?
Dropping down into the now-cleared chamber you can activate the Domain in front of you. Be warned though, you could realistically open up access to this chamber as soon as you have a fire character in your party, but it will be a while until you're able to complete it. As these Domains both have very high levels, you'll need to have ascended most of your characters twice, if not three times to even have a chance here.
Voyage to the Sanguine Sky (Adventure Rank 30)
- Description: This is the Realm of Clouds. Guizhong, its former ruler, acquired several ancient and evil artifacts during her research into mechanics. The adepti created this realm to contain them.
- Recommended Party Level: 60
- Recommended Elements: Pyro, Electro, Cryo, Anemo
- First Completion Rewards: 40x Primogem, 500x Adventure Experience Points, 1x Liyue Shrine of Depths Key, 2x Guide to "Gold" Talent Level-Up material, 1x Outset of the Brave 4-Star Goblet of Eonothem, 3x Hero's Wit, 5x Mystic Enhancement Ore, 40,000x Mora
Travels of the Moonlit Venturer (Adventure Rank 35)
- Description: Beneath the labyrinth lies the unexplored Moonlit Wonderland, a trove of pots and kettles. Search for what hidden treasures await discovery there.
- Recommended Party Level: 70
- Recommended Elements: Geo, Anemo
- First Completion Rewards: 40x Primogems, 500x Adventure Experience Points, 1x Liyue Shrine of Depths Key, 1x Prospect of the Brave 4-Star Plume of Death, 1x Medal of the Brave 4-Star Flower of Life, 3x Hero's Wit, 5x Mystic Enhancement Ore, 50,000x Mora
More Genshin Impact Guides
- General Guides
- Feature Guides
- Gameplay Guides
- Quest Guides
Were you able to solve the mystery? Do you have a better idea of why those three Fire Markers are the keys? Are you already ready to take on this challenge?