Final Fantasy XIV’s semi-regular Moogle Treasure Trove event is back with The Hunt for Verity. This series of events allows players new and old to obtain certain items, with 1 brand new accessory also being offered for those that participate. In our Final Fantasy XIV Moogle Treasure Trove – The Hunt for Verity Event Guide, we’ll go over how to get event tokens and what you can spend them on.
The Hunt for Verity Event Basics
Unlike typical events in Final Fantasy XIV, Moogle Treasure Trove events do not require you to pick up any quests to participate. Instead, you’ll earn event tokens — known as Irregular Tomestones of Verity — by doing existing multiplayer content. In the duty finder, content that gives Irregular Tomestones is marked by a Moogle icon, with the amount given shown in the rewards section.
Any content marked with this icon will give Irregular Tomestones, with an overall limit of 100 marked duties per day. Duties must be done with level sync enabled (the default with no extra options selected in the duty finder), and without the aid of AI companions via adventurer squadrons or Duty Support.
The Hunt for Verity - Duties Awarding Irregular Tomestones
- The Praetorium - 7 Tomestones
- The Keeper of the Lake - 4 Tomestones
- The Lost City of Amdapor - 4 Tomestones
- Haukke Manor (Hard) - 4 Tomestones
- Castrum Meridianum - 4 Tomestones
- The Aurum Vale - 4 Tomestones
- Dzemael Darkhold - 3 Tomestones
- The Orbonne Monastery - 7 Tomestones
- The Ridorana Lighthouse - 6 Tomestones
- The Royal City of Rabanastre - 5 Tomestones
All 3 24-man raids from the “Return to Ivalice” questline give Irregular Tomestones of Verity. These can be unlocked by heading to the NPC Keiten at X: 12.2 Y: 12.3 in Kugane. You’ll have to own Stormblood (included with later expansions like Endwalker) and complete the expansion’s main story before this NPC becomes available.
- Onsal Hakair (Danshig Naadam)
- The Fields of Glory (Shatter)
- Seal Rock (Seize)
- The Borderland Ruins (Secure)
All PvP modes give 3 Tomestones of Verity for 3rd or 2nd place, and 5 for 1st place
- The Porta Decumana - 3 Tomestones
- The Cloud Deck - 2 Tomestones
- Castrum Marinum - 2 Tomestones
- Cinder Drift - 2 Tomestones
The Cloud Deck, Castrum Marinum, and Cinder Drift are all part of the questline “The Sorrow of Werlyt”. This questline is unlocked after completing the Shadowbringers Patch 5.2 main story quest “Old Enemies, New Threats”.
These 8-man raids are part of the Omega questline, which requires owning the expansion Stormblood (or any later expansion). After completing Stormblood’s main story, you can start the quest “The Hunt for Omega” by talking to Wedge in Rhalgr’s Reach at X: 12.6, Y: 12.3. All of these raids give 2 Tomestones of Verity each, which is a nice bonus if you’re going through this side story for the first time.
The Hunt for Verity - Best Ways to Farm Irregular Tomestones of Verity
There are a couple of ways to earn Tomestones of Verity, depending on whether you only want them, or want some extra rewards along the way.
For strictly farming Tomestones, Aurum Vale is the way to go. One tank and 3 Blue Mages can complete in around 5 minutes (usually less with a coordinated group). The tank can grab all mobs, with each Blue Mage taking turns to cast Ram’s Voice then Ultravibration (this combo kills non-boss enemies instantly). For bosses, use Missile (this does damage equal to half the target’s remaining health). Follow this for the entire dungeon, with a combo of Moon Flute, Whistle, and Final Sting on the final boss when it has around a quarter health left.
If you don’t have Blue Mage unlocked yet, the only requirement is completion of A Realm Reborn’s base story. With that completed, the Blue Mage unlock quest “Out of the Blue” can be started via the NPC Zealous Yellowjacket in Limsa Lominsa’s Lower Decks at X: 9.8, Y:11.0. All of the spells listed above are a key part of Blue Mage’s toolkit, and worth obtaining for content even when The Hunt for Verity is over.
If you still need some experience to level up jobs, Main Scenario roulette and the daily Frontline challenge are the way to go. All of the duties for both of these dailies will give Tomestones of Verity, along with a boatload of XP. In addition, you’ll also get Poetics for Main Scenario, or PvP EXP and Wolf Marks for Frontline.
The Hunt for Verity - Which Rewards to Aim For
Tomestones of Verity can be exchanged for items via Itinerant Moogles, found at:
- Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks X: 9.4, Y: 11.6
- New Gridania X: 12.4, Y: 12.1
- Ul’dah, Steps of Nald X: 9.6, Y: 9.1
Of the rewards, only the Demon Brick Earring (costing a hefty 100 Tomestones) is unique to this event, and will likely not be available later. As for non-unique items, there are a few that are both hard to obtain normally, and go for a fair amount of Gil on the marketboard:
- The eScape Orchestrion Roll only drops from the raid Sigmascape V3.0, and at a very low rate. Normally requires ownership of Stormblood.
- Wind-up Elvaan is a rare minion from Eureka Pyros, content that has its own leveling system. Normally requires ownership of Stormblood.
- The mount Ufiti is normally gained via Skybuilders Scrips, obtained in Ishgard’s Firmament. Getting this during The Hunt for Verity will save a lot of grinding (and Gil).
That's it for our event guide for the Hunt for Verity - check out more FFXIV Guides below!