Unlocking characters in Disney Dreamlight Valley is vital to progression and success. Ariel, from "The Little Mermaid", is one of the characters you will be able to bring back to the Valley, and she comes with quite a few perks when you save her from the island she is trapped on, as well as bonus Friendship tier unlocks.
In this Disney Dreamlight Valley Ariel Guide, we will discuss how to unlock Ariel the Mermaid, and what she can do for you and your village.
How to Unlock Ariel in Disney Dreamlight Valley
In order to unlock Ariel, you will first have to complete a questline given by Goofy that unlocks a small raft on Dazzle Beach. Once that has been unlocked, you will then need to set sail on the watercraft to a small island where Ariel is located. After a quick chat with The Little Mermaid, you find out that no matter which way she swims she always gets teleported right back to the little island. Mermaids can always find their way home, but for some reason, the Valley is seemingly impossible to get to. Ariel was teleported to this island by magic when the Forgetting started, and she has no idea who or what got her there. After a bit of dialogue, she will ask you to build her home back in Dreamlight Valley, and once you do so, she will be teleported to your village. Of course, Ariel will want you to find Prince Eric later on down the line, which we will explain in a separate guide on Eric himself.
Leveling Ariel up in Disney Dreamlight Valley is a nightmare, just like Ursula. This is because she is a water-bound character, meaning she cannot com hang out with you on land and level up by completing tasks with you. In order to level her up and unlock the ability to find Eric, you will need to constantly come back to the water on Dazzle Beach and get her attention by fishing with no one else around, and speaking to her before she swims off. We highly suggest doing her questline sooner than later, as it is quite long and tedious to complete and unlock Eric.
Disney Dreamlight Valley Ariel Friendship Level Unlocks
Each character comes with a set of bonus unlocks that you can obtain by growing your friendship level with each of them. All of them offer different things, so let's discuss each bonus unlock Ariel has to offer:
- Friendship Level 1: Unlocks Ariel the Character
- Friendship Level 2: Unlocks a Mirror Decoration
- Friendship Level 3: Unlocks an Outfit Overlay
- Friendship Level 4: Unlocks 500 Star Coins
- Friendship Level 5: Unlocks the Mermaid Long Sleeve Crop-Top
- Friendship Level 6: Unlocks Bubbles Decoration
- Friendship Level 7: Unlocks 1,000 Star Coins
- Friendship Level 8: Unlocks the Little Mermaid Furniture
- Friendship Level 9: Unlocks a Poster
- Friendship Level 10: Unlocks the Little Mermaid-themed Dress and Eric's Suit
- in order to unlock tier 10, you must also complete all of Ariel's friendship quests.
That's it for our Disney Dreamlight Valley Ariel Guide. Check out more guides below: