Our Coral Island Farming Skill Guide will tell you how Farming works, what you get for each level of Farming, and how to unlock more Crops!
How the Coral Island Farming Skill Works
Coral Island Farming should be well familiar to Farming RPG fans. Here are the key points you need to know:
- You have to till the soil with your Hoe before you can plant a Seed.
- You can only plant a Seed in the appropriate Season.
- There are no Seeds that can be planted in Winter at this time.
- Seeds must be watered, either with the Watering Can, with rain, or with Sprinklers.
- Scarecrows must be placed to protect Crops from being eaten by Crows.
- Some Crops can continue producing after they're grown for the rest of the season, such as Blueberries.
Seeds can be purchased from Sam's General Store, although you'll have a limited inventory at the start of the game. A wider array of Seeds will be made available after you've grown enough Crops and activated the "Local Produce" quest.
How to Increase Your Farming Skill in Coral Island
You can increase your Farming Skill in Coral Island by tilling soil, watering seeds, and Harvesting Crops. It appears that Harvesting Crops gives the biggest bonus to gaining experience, so you shouldn't spend any time
Coral Island Farming Mastery Skills
These are the Skills that you can unlock as you progress with Farming Mastery; you can spend Skill Points on the Mastery screen in the menu.
Tier I Skills
- Stay Hydrated I - Chance for watered soil to stay watered the following day. (10% chance)
- Stay Hydrated II - Increased chance for watered soil to stay watered the following day. (20% chance)
- Double Crop - Chance to harvest double crops. ((5% chance)
- Crop Express I - Chance for crops to grow faster. (10% chance to grow faster)
- Crop Express II - Increased chance for crops to grow faster. (20% chance to grow faster)
Tier II Skills
The Tier II Skills are not yet implemented in Coral Island as of Early Access v0.1 -49002.
Best Coral Island Farming Skill to Take First
The best Coral Island Farming Skill to take first is Stay Hydrated I -- in the early game, removing the need to water some of your crops will save you precious Energy that you can use on other tasks.
How to Unlock More Crops in Coral Island
Thus far, we've found two ways to unlock more Crops:
- Continue planting Crops until Sam gives you the "Local Produce" quest.
- Complete Offerings at the Lake Temple.
Coral Island Farming Mastery Level-Up Rewards
- Level 1 - +1 Skill Points, +3 Max Energy
- Level 2 - +1 Skill Points, +3 Max Energy
- Level 3 - +1 Skill Points, +3 Max Energy, Mason Jar recipe, Hydro I recipe, Makeshift Floor Tile recipe, Makeshift Arch recipe
- Level 4 - +1 Skill Points, +3 Max Energy, Keg recipe
- Level 5 - +1 Skill Points, +3 Max Energy, Ordinary Scarecrow cripe
- Level 6 - +1 Skill Points, +3 Max Energy, Fertilizer II recipe
- Level 7 - +1 Skill Points, +3 Max Energy, Water Totem II recipe, Oil Press recipe
- Level 8 - +1 Skill Points, +3 Max Energy, Seed Maker recipe, Sprinkler II recipe
- Level 9 - +1 Skill Points, +3 Max Energy
- Level 10 - +1 Skill Points, +3 Max Energy
Coral Island Farming Skill Guide - List of Crops
Here is a list of all the Coral Island Farming Crops and what we know about them thus far.
Please note that we're updating and refining this information as we learn more.
on Day 1
|Cucumber||Vegetables||Start "Local Produce" Quest||9||Every 3 Days||7||25||30||185|
|Poppy||Flower||Start "Local Produce" Quest||7||N/A||4||30|
|Radish *||Vegetables||Start "Local Produce" Quest||6||N/A||4||60||108||192|
|Soybean||Vegetables||Start "Local Produce" Quest||7||Every 4 Days||6||15||11||51|
* - Radish can be grown in both Spring and Summer.
on Day 1
|Bell Pepper||Vegetables||Start "Local Produce" Quest||8||Every 4 Days||6||70||45||200|
|Blackberry||Fruit||Reach D Town Rating||11||Every 4 Days||5||40||35||135|
|Blueberry||Fruit||Default||10||Every 4 Days||5||50||30||100|
|Coffee Bean||Vegetables||Reach D Town Rating||11||Every 2 Days||9||70||20||110|
|Corn||Vegetables||Default||12||Every 4 Days||5||25||14||45|
|Hot Pepper * **||Vegetables||Default||7||Every 3 Days||17||40||35||555|
|Iris||Flower||Reach D Town Rating||10||N/A||2||30||80||100|
|Lily *||Flower||Reach D Town Rating||9||N/A||3||60||132||216|
|Melon||Fruit||Start "Local Produce" Quest||12||N/A||2||130||216||172|
|Okra||Vegetables||Start "Local Produce" Quest||9||N/A||3||60||100||120|
|Pineapple||Fruit||Reach D Town Rating||9||N/A||3||110||190||240|
|Red Cabbage||Vegetables||Reach D Town Rating||9||N/A||3||45||95||150|
|Rose||Flower||Reach D Town Rating||6||N/A||4||20||32||48|
|Starfruit||Fruit||Start "Local Produce" Quest||13||N/A||2||60||86||52|
|Tomato||Fruit||Start "Local Produce" Quest||10||Every 4 Days||5||25||25||100|
* Hot Pepper and Lily can be grown in both Summer and Fall.
** Hot Pepper profit was calculated as if planted on Day 1 of Summer and grown throughout Summer and Fall.
on Day 1
|Amaranth||Flower||Start "Local Produce" Quest||8||N/A||3||25|
|Artichoke||Reach D Town Rating||8||Every 4 Days||6||45|
|Barley||Reach D Town Rating||10||N/A||2||100|
|Basil||Herb||Start "Local Produce" Quest||5||N/A||5||20|
|Beet||Vegetables||Start "Local Produce" Quest||6||Every 4 days||6||20|
|Blue Dahlia||Reach D Town Rating||4||N/A||6||50|
|Bok Choy||Reach D Town Rating||8||Every 5 Days||5||60|
|Cranberry||Fruit||Default||5||Every 2 days||12||20|
|Eggplant||Vegetables||Default||9||Every 3 days||7||35|
|Grape||Reach D Town Rating||9||Every 6 Days||4||150|
|Pumpkin||Vegetables||Start "Local Produce" Quest||13||N/A||2||90|
|Sweet Potato||Vegetables||Start "Local Produce" Quest||9||Every 4 days||5||60||25||65|
There are not yet any Winter Crops in Coral Island.
Thanks for reading our Coral Island Farming Skill guide -- make sure to check out our other guides below!