Sumo Digital is again partnering with Sega to take Sonic and friends racing, this time in a team race style. From the creators of Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, this time they are ditching the other franchises to focus on pedal to the metal kart racing fun in Team Sonic Racing.
Here's a description from the Steam Store page:
Team Sonic Racing combines the best elements of arcade and fast-paced competitive style racing as you face-off with friends in intense multiplayer racing. Race together and work together as a team by sharing power-ups and speed boosts. Take control of your racing style - Choose from 3 distinct character types and unlock game-changing vehicle customization options to suit your racing style.
Gear Up. Speed Up. – Team Racing at Sonic Speed!
- Online Multiplayer & Local Co-Op Modes – 12 players per race, 4 player split screen, and various offline/online race modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode.
- Team Racing – Race as a team, win as a team. Use various team moves to assist your teammates, knock out opponents and unleash your Team Ultimate.
- Performance & Skin Customization – Alter the appearance and handling of your vehicle
- Wisps - 14 spectacular offensive and defensive items to help overcome rival teams and get ahead!
- Adventure Mode – Unique story experience where players are introduced to basic game features and characters.
- Various Characters and Types – 15 playable characters from across the Sonic Universe and 3 distinct character types including Speed, Technique, and Power.