Originally crowdfunded in 2014, Super Indie Karts is the long in development indie crossover kart racer by One Legged Seagull that features a wide variety of indie characters. It is based on Mario Kart for the SNES with a mode 7 graphics style, with an additional Ultra Mode based upon the Nintendo 64.
Here's how the developer describes the game:
Super Indie Karts is a classic retro 16-bit style karting game, with Time Trials, Grand Prix, Splitscreen GP, and Battle Modes! With one foot firmly in the past, witness authentic '90s hardware limitations such as:
- shockingly bad draw distance!
- incredibly small, almost claustrophobic, tracks!
- trees and obstacles that pop up 5 yards in front of you!
- World leading watermelon physics engine! (featuring Blast Processing!)
- 1992 style screen curvature and motion blur! (optional)
- Indie Game crossovers you know and love, and some you don't yet know you love!