If you ever wanted more Luigi, more spooks, and more scares, you're in luck. After its initial announcement at E3 2019, Nintendo is releasing Luigi's Mansion 3 for the Nintendo Switch in late 2019. Following in the ghostly footsteps of the first two classic Luigi's Mansion games, this time he traverses a haunted hotel, fittingly named the Last Resort, in order to save his poor defense-less brother Mario from the clutches of some oogly ghoulies. Together with Luigi's companion Gooigi, the latest invention of questionably bonkers inventory Professor E. Gadd, you'll face these fearsome specters head-on!
According to Nintendo's official game page:
"Luigi embarks on a dream vacation with Mario and friends upon receiving an invitation to a luxurious hotel. However, his dream quickly becomes a nightmare when King Boo reveals everything had been a ploy to capture Mario and friends. With the assistance of Professor E. Gadd once again, the reluctant and cowardly hero Luigi traverses up and down treacherous floors of the now-ominous hotel on a quest to save them. Wield the upgraded Poltergust G-00 to slam and blow away the ghosts’ defenses, or summon Gooigi, an all-green doppelganger that can help Luigi overcome obstacles he can’t get past alone. Interchange between Luigi and Gooigi as one player, or grab a friend and control one each. For more frenetic multiplayer action, race the timer to clear various objectives on a series of floors in ScareScraper mode. ScareScraper mode can be played online* or locally with up to eight players on four Nintendo Switch systems (additional games required; sold separately).
- He may still be cowardly, but Luigi has more tools and abilities at his disposal than ever before. Master Luigi’s new powerful moves of Slam, Suction Shot and Burst
- Team up with Professor E. Gadd’s latest invention, Gooigi, an all-green doppelganger able to slip through tight spaces, walk on spikes, and otherwise help Luigi overcome obstacles he can’t get past alone
- Interchange between Luigi and Gooigi as one player, or grab a friend and control one each at the same time
- Explore the Last Resort, ascending through its differently themed floors full of quirky contraptions and haunting enemies
- Race the timer with up to 8 players** to clear objectives on a series of floors in the ScareScrape"
Luigi's Mansion 3 will be released in late 2019 for Nintendo Switch systems exclusively.