The latest in the Chronicles of Innsmouth series serves as a prequel to the first game, and continues the tradition of adventure games with Lovecraftian tinge to them.
Play as private investigator Lone Carter, who find himself regaining consciousness on a beach near Innsmouth, torn apart and dying at the hands of an unspeakable horror...only to miraculously recover another moment.
Now haunted by the visions, he will need to escape Innsmouth to begin unraveling the mystery around his ordeal. Throw in interwoven plot lines, mysterious dissapearances and ritualistic murders, and a dose of insanity, and you have a prime set up for a horrific adventure game.
With a retro point and click artstyle and old school mechanics, Chronicles of Innsmouth: Mountains of Maddness is a throwback to old school adventure games. Chronicles of Innsmouth: Mountains of Madness is available only for the PC.
- A mature, horrifying story, combining the thrilling mystery of a detective story with a cosmic horror setting
- Inspired by The Mountains of Madness, but with many original elements to surprise you at every corner
- Test your wits and deduction skills with clever puzzles, logical but challenging
- Interact with many characters, both original and taken from Lovecraft’s works
- Play as detective Lone Carter, but also as iconic Lovecraft characters as Abdul Alhazred – and even H.P. Lovecraft himself!
- Retro art style rendered in 640 x 360 resolution, inspired by the early 90s Lucasarts classics
- A brilliant unsettling original soundtrack