Blasphemous is a Metroidvania set in a world that faced a catastrophe called “The Grievous Miracle”, which caused human guilt to take physical form, often turning the creatures that inhabit the world in grotesque caricatures of what they once were. The world is deep in catholic symbolism and gothic backgrounds are the main sights that accompany the players’ journey for the entirety of the game.
- Awesome pixel art, featuring very large sprites with smooth animations, entirely created using traditional pixel by pixel, frame by frame techniques.
- Explore a huge, doomed land, a universe that feels open, delivered through a non-sequential level design that puts you in control of where to go next.
- An insane focus on pleasant combat, meticulously crafted so every push of a button delivers a rush of dopamine directly to your brain.
- Blasphemous’ levels tell a story that is challenging to decipher, but very rewarding to those who dare to put all its pieces together.
- Deep progression system with equipable and consumable items: Find your personal combat style by equipping rosary beads, crown thorns, or carrying around relicæ that boost your combat abilities.
- An original game soundtrack by award-winning composer Carlos Viola.