Alwa's Awakening is an 8-bit, retro-style love letter to NES Metroidvania games. Players take control of Zoe, a hero from another world who has been sent to the land of Alwa to defeat the evil Vicar by collecting magic Ornaments from his four Protectors. Zoe can explore more than a dozen unique environments in the interconnected world map. Along the way, she unlocks three upgradable spells that help her traverse dungeons, solve puzzles, and defeat enemies. Alwa's Awakening features vibrant pixel artwork and a catchy chiptune soundtrack.
From the game's website:
Use your magic staff and progress through a large interconnected world where you’ll solve puzzles, fight enemies and defeat bosses in order to help free the land of Alwa. Explore and uncover the secrets by using your platforming skills in this challenging and charming 8-bit adventure game.
Alwa’s Awakening is a game that tries to stay as close as possible to the authentic 8-bit look with sweet pixel art, a soundtrack filled with catchy chiptunes and so much charm it’ll bring you right back to the NES era. With easy to understand controls the game is easy to learn but tough to master, just like how games were in the old days!
A retro game with an authentic feel
- A new challenging NES-inspired adventure game with the authentic feel and look of a Nintendo 8-bit game. Inspired by classics such as Battle of Olympus and Solstice.
Use your magic staff
- Equip a magic staff that holds many mysterious powers. Use it to solve puzzles and defeat enemies in over 400 unique rooms. Upgrade your staff by finding new gemstones.
You are Zoe
- Play as Zoe who has been sent for to help free the land of Alwa. With easy to understand controls, you’ll jump and fight your way through the many different challenging rooms.
Explore the land of Alwa
- Explore a large interconnected map in true ‘Metroidvania’ style. Play the game any way you want and find your own way through the land of Alwa.
Find new items and learn new abilities
- Find and unlock a slew of different objects throughout the adventure that will both give Zoe new abilities as well as unlock new areas.
An 8-bit soundtrack
- Listen to a completely new 8-bit soundtrack with over 25 new original tracks composed by Robert Kreese. Also features a guest track by Prof. Sakamoto."