GOG Weekend Sale Offers Up To 85% Off Linux-Compatible Titles

The folks over at GOG are currently holding a weekend sale, which offers up to 85% off selected titles.

Disclosure: GOG works with TechRaptor for affiliate partnership, and TechRaptor earns a small commission off purchases made from links in this article. In addition, GOG provides a monthly giveaway to our Pack Hunter members

 
 

The sale is entitled "March of the Penguins", in reference to Tux, the penguin mascot of the Linux brand of operating systems. GOG is celebrating implementing official Ubuntu 18.04 support, with over 90% of its Linux-compatible catalog now available for the latest version of the operating system. They anticipate an easy transition for the remaining 10%, too. If you're using an alternate Linux distro, take note: Ubuntu compatibility also means compatibility with any Ubuntu flavor or derivative. This includes Linux Mint, Xubuntu, elementaryOS, and others.

Anyway, back to the sale! In honor of GOG's work on their Linux catalog, the March of the Penguins sale is discounting "games that support Linux and/or low spec machines". Featured games include puzzle platformer Escape Goat, which sees players take control of the titular goat, imprisoned in the Prison of Agnus for witchcraft. Escape Goat features over 50 levels for players to conquer, as well as a fully-featured level editor. Escape Goat can be grabbed for just $0.99 - 78% off its usual price - while its sequel, the imaginatively-titled Escape Goat 2, is available for $3.99, a discount of 59%.

Also on offer is Klei Entertainment's excellent stealth-platformer Mark of the Ninja. which offers players the chance to "know what it is to truly be a ninja". Player-centric stealth gameplay rewards choice and exploration in this 2D stealth-'em-up, which can be had for $3.74, 75% off its usual asking price. The special edition can also be had for $4.49, and adds an extra level, 2 new items for players to experiment with, a new play style and 2 high-quality desktop wallpapers.

Here's a quick rundown of some of the other titles you can grab right now in GOG's March of the Penguins sale:

Disclosure: GOG works with TechRaptor for affiliate partnership, and TechRaptor earns a small commission off purchases made from links in this article. In addition, GOG provides a monthly giveaway to our Pack Hunter members.

There's plenty of other titles on sale as part of March of the Penguins so head on over to GOG before Monday, April 30th, 10 pm UTC to snag yourself a deal. Also going until that time is the weekly sale featuring various strategy games called the "I Got a Plan" sale with a mix of classic and new strategy games on sale that you can view here.

Anything here that takes your fancy? Do you game on a low-spec PC or a Linux machine? Let us know in the comments below!

Joe Allen's profile picture

Joseph Allen

Staff Writer

Dark Souls changed my life, and I'm here to spread the good news. I like pretty much all sorts of games, but I judge everything by its proximity to our Lord and saviour, Dark Souls.