Xbox Wire has announced that game streaming Xbox games to all Xbox One owners with a Windows 10 PC or tablet. Along with game streaming, the Windows 10 Xbox App will be getting some new and improved features. This announcement comes days away from the official launch of Windows 10, which is July 29.
The Xbox game streaming feature is a interesting feature, which allows you, as the name suggests, to stream your Xbox One console experience to your laptop, PC, or tablet. The streaming allows you full control over your Xbox, although some apps, such as Netflix, do not work with streaming. The Xbox console that is streaming will not be usable by anyone else while streaming. You will also need a wired Xbox One or Xbox 360 controller; you can use a typical USB to Micro USB with the Xbox One controller.
The Xbox App will be getting a host of other new and improved features with this latest update such as:
- Party Chat – In the app above your friends list will be a new option, start a party. This lets you start a party with Xbox friends on Xbox One and the Xbox App on Windows 10.
- My Games – The app will now automatically discover Windows Store games and older non-Windows Store PC games. If a game does not automatically add a game, you can add games manually. The app will continue to be updated with non-Windows Store games to improve automatic discovery over time.
- Home – Easy access to game streaming and quick launching games from recently played have been added. An updated featured games section shows you new and popular games available on the Windows Store.
- Profile – Choose your avatar or gamerpic to be shown to friends. Change your avatar, gamertag, gamerpic, user color, and update your name sharing settings under customize in your Profile.
- Share with your friends – Upload local game clips and screenshots for Windows Store games to your Xbox Live profile, they will then appear on your activity feed on Xbox Live.
- Day One Experience – PC owners new to Xbox will be able to use a new feature to get started easily. It will help you create an account, choose a gamertag, learn the basics of finding games, earning achievements, and using the activity feed.
To use these features you will need the latest version of Windows 10; the Xbox App should update automatically when the update is available in the Windows Store. If you have Windows 10 check out the game streaming function and all the new features as soon as you can, there’s only so much time you’ll be able to act like a snooty hipster towards all your friends who don’t have Windows 10 yet.