It’s that time of year, where once again, Gabe Newell shows up to our door and attempts to take our money with enticing steam sales of all sorts. Now, before I begin, I have to link the always useful Steam Sale flowchart, because while there are sales of several sorts, you always need to keep in mind the basic ideas behind the sale, and be patient more then anything else. In addition, they’ve got the annual summer sale community event in a clicker game, which in my eyes is a bit silly, but definitely different from what they’ve done in the past. Just don’t get Carpal Tunnel from it.
Anyway, let’s take a look at the daily sales:
- Darkest Dungeon: 25% off: Anyone within the TechRaptor slack chat will know that this game is basically a drug of mine, and my question to you is why you haven’t gotten it yet. Darkest Dungeon is love, Darkest Dungeon is life. You want more proof? Go check out the video on the TechRaptor channel. Ok, now go and buy it. I’ll be waiting until you do. Because I will spread the word that is Darkest Dungeon.
- The Binding of Issac: Rebirth: 50% off: A great roguelike that brings that Binding of Isaac addicting gameplay back again with better visuals, and a whole lot more items and combinations. Once again, you should probably already have this game, but if you don’t yet, then well now’s the time more then any.
- Valkyria Chronicles: 75% off: A tactical RPG with a great storyline and a great port to the PC. Those who are looking for a tactical RPG experience that haven’t played it yet should pick it up now. If that doesn’t convince you, the game got an excellent rating from our own Don Parsons, news editor.
- Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number – 33% off – One of the newer titles on the list, the ultra violent look at the top down shooter genre had some things that held it back, but ultimately was a good continuation of the franchise.
- Tales from the Borderlands – 50% off – It’s what you should expect from a Telltale game: good writing and good work with the source material. The first episode had Thomas Nelson raving about it back in 2014.
- Homeworld Remastered Collection: 66% off: Probably one of the best remasters in recent memory. As Patrick P. put it at the time: “The Homeworld: Remastered Collection is an excellent game that is well worth any RTS lovers’ time.”
- Various Games from the Sniper Elite Series: 25% – 75% off – The 25% off is for the Nazi Army Trilogy, which is reasonable for playing a co op game with your friends.
- Don’t Starve Together: 33% off: In Early Access. Now you can attempt to not die with your friends in the best open survival game to date.
- Farming Simulator 2015: 33% off: It’s no World of Warcraft. See, I can be funny. Also, you drive machinery around, and it’s a popular simulator game. Not my cup of tea, but you probably know if it’s yours.
- Next Car Game: Wreckfest: 50% off: It’s in early access, and it’s got positive reviews, but I don’t know much about it, and I’m not a car game person. So……ask around.
- Various XCOM Games: 50-83% off: Enemy Unknown and Enemy Within are the ones that you should look at here, with the sequel coming down the line for the PC.
- Various Metro Games: 75-80% off: The Redux games are here, and if you haven’t had a chance to play this series yet, it’s definitely a good chance to take a look. It’s nice to see a more survival focused game in the FPS genre, especially one with difficulty.
- NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM Revolution: 66% off: The ninja keeps on showing up in sales.
- X-Plane 10 Global – 64 Bit – 50% off – I’d avoid this one considering the mixed reviews, but I’m not a flight simulator person myself.
Now, one might be wondering why I’m leaving Grand Theft Auto V off the list, but the game is actually not on sale technically. You get a discount to a bundle that it’s hooked to in some way, whether it’s a game like Max Payne 3, or some in game cash, but the game itself is not discounted.
There’s also the flash sales, which will currently end at 1 AM EST. The highlights offered here are:
- Ziggurat: 70% off: The roguelike FPS that let’s you be a wizard. You always wanted to be a wizard. Enough randomization and different characters, effects and abilities. A must own for a roguelike/roguelite lover who wants something different. It got a 9/10 from us last year.
- The Darkness II: 80% off: I loved this game one the PS3, and it’s one of those FPS that feels different enough in the genre and a different style from it’s competition. Overlooked immensely during it’s day, don’t overlook this sale.
- Outlast: 80% off: For those people who really think that sleeping is overrated, and is a highlight of the horror genre.
The rest of the flash sales are: Black Mesa (15% off), the Darksiders Franchise (80% off), Mirror’s Edge (50% off), Papers Please (50% off), Viscera Cleanup Detail (33% off), Styx: Master of Shadows (60% off), Fez (80% off), Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty (40% off), Might & Magic Franchise games (40-75% off), Carpe Fulgur Collection (80% off), and F1: 2014 (60% off).
Now if you’ll excuse me, I have more Darkest Dungeon to play. Because, Darkest Dungeon.