– Day 9 of the Steam Summer Sales 2015. Insert witty phrasing here. You don’t need an intro. It’s sales. You just want number. 42. 420. 360 No Scope. I’ve got nothing.
First of all, let’s look at the daily deals:
- The Stanley Parable – 75% off – Humor. This game’s humor is hilarious on all fronts, and while there’s not a lot of gameplay, you’re there for just the great experience.
- Fallout Franchise – 40-75% off – Sales don’t include Fallout 4 but did you expect it to honestly? But everything else is good value (with the exception of the weird bundle for the first and second), but there’s a lot of great mods for the Fallout games, games that can keep you entertained for a long long time.
- Goat Simulator – 75% off – For 71% off, you can also get the GoatZ DLC for the ridiculous sandbox that again goes for humor more then anything else. Here’s a review for more information.
- Saints Row Franchise – 50-80% off – Saints Row III and IV are the deals here, and Gat Out of Hell may be worth it for the weird opera scene alone. Really loved the change up to the superhero sandbox that the game moved to.
- Killing Floor 2 – 20% off, Early Access – Oh, it’s good, but it’s not done. What’s here is polished, and rather good in the multiplayer shooter genre.
- Dragonball Xenoverse – 50% off – Dragonball fans should pick it up. Just read the review done by Andrew for more information.
- Kerbal Space Program – 25% off – Space? Spaaaaaaaaaaace. It’s out of Early Access and is a game that plays between creativity and frustration, in the best fashion. If you like engineering type games, this is your jam. A review for ya in case you want more information.
- Tropico Franchise – 75% off – Focus on Tropico 4 if you want to try things out.
- Assassin’s Creed Franchise – 35-75% off – And yet, Unity is still not worth it. Black Flag is worth it however, as it did do a lot for revitalizing the franchise.
- Europa Universalis Franchise – 75-80% off – There’s a lot of DLC, but a lot of it adds to a reasonable strategy game. Most of the DLC is discounted as well.
- Age of Empires II HD Edition – 85% off – I’m getting a lot of reports of a bad port on this game, and people disappointed that the game didn’t get properly remastered. I’d pick it up on GOG if you really want the experience.
- Mortal Kombat X – 25% off – I mean I like the game, but it’s not worth the lack of price drop, and the PC has developed network problems. It’s not worth it.
- The Hunter Primal – 75% off -A lot of accusations of the dev abandoning the game after being in Early Access. It’s sadly an unfortunate side effect of the Early Access design.
- Stranded Deep – 34% off, Early Access – Oh boy. Early Access. Survival Game. Honestly, HOW MANY OF THESE ARE THERE?!
Yes, there’s another game left out. The Resident Evil Franchise is there, but Resident Evil Revelations 2 does the whole 50% for episode 1, but 33% for the whole experience thing. Not a fan, and I hate Resident Evil Revelations 2.
As for the highlights of the Flash Sales that end at 10 AM PST:
- One Finger Death Punch – 75% off – A simple concept done rather well. Quick reactive action.
- Serious Sam Franchise – 90% off – Classic old school FPS games that keep up the action for really cheap. Gives you ways to take out frustrations on things rather easily.
- Just Cause Franchise – 10-80% off – Never a fan of preorders, but this is a perfect time to pick up Just Cause 2 for the ridiculous destruction possibilities available in it as a taste of the games to come.
And the rest of the games include: Project Cars (40% off), Titan Quest (80% off), Nekopara Vol. 1 (33% off), The Legend of Heroes: Trials in the Sky (50% off), Ultimate General Gettysburg (75% off), Ride (50% off), Starpoint Gemini 2 (66% off), Max Payne Franchise (75-80% off), Men of War Assault Squad 2 (80% off), Space Hulk Ascension (66% off), Grim Dawn (50% off, Early Access), and Among The Sleep (75% off).
Now, there was a set of games that were released at 10 PM PST yesterday that are still on sale, that will end at 10 PM PST tonight. The games include the highlights of:
- Orcs Must Die 2 – 75% off – I loved this retake on the tower defense genre with third person shooting elements. It’s got charm, but most of the ridculous amount of traps that are over the top combined with the orcs yelling and screaming just make for a twisted sense of fun.
- The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 – 30% off – It may be only 30% off, but I’ve heard a lot of good things about this point and click adventure with a comedy twist to it. I know Jesse Cox is playing through the game, you may want to watch a video or two of his to understand if the humor is up your alley.
- Limbo – 75% off – The minimalistic perspective makes this world come alive in this puzzle platformer of sorts that really goes for the show, don’t tell kind of philosophy. Great to let your mind just sorta wander while navigating its hazards.
The other games in this list include: Running With Rifles (40% off), Broken Age (60% off), Satellite Reign (25% off, Early Access), Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend (50% off), Etherium (40% off), Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition (66% off), Red Orchestra 2: Game of the Year Edition (75% off), Sakura Spirit (80% off), Ace of Spades: Battle Builder (80% off), Awesomenauts (90% off), Interstellar Marines (75% off, Early Access), and HammerWatch (80% off).
As for the monster clicker games that got unlocked with the Monster Clicker game that last until 10 AM PST tomorrow: Even: Divine Cybermancy (75% off), Talisman: Digital Edition (90% off), Clickteam Fusion (80% off), Unepic (80% off), The Amazing Spiderman 2 (76% off), 100% Orange Juice(75% off), Terra Tech (50% off, Early Access), Space Colony: Steam Edition (25% off), and Windward (35% off).
And by request of a user on twitter, I decided to also include some highlights from the GOG sale going on. Now at this point: the sales are now pretty much what the last day of the Steam Sale is, aka, all the sales from before. In that note, I will try to highlight sales from days past as well overall, but I do want to try to hit new sales as well. So, keep that in mind.
- Deponia Trilogy – 85% off – A great point and click adventure that puts modern day equivalents to shame in several ways. An interesting world with a cast of characters that are actually fun to listen to, along with an art style that’s sharp and pays attention to detail. The great part about it is that the logic actually makes some sense in the end rather then several games that go off the wall on it. Overall, well worth the price of admission.
- Wasteland 2 – 60% off – A kickstarter success that will have fans of Fallout 1 and 2 happy. While it has some UI failures, the tactical turned based combat with the plot actually being very interesting for the genre in question makes for a game that is perfect to pick up on sale more then anything else. For tactics fans out there.
- Shadow Warrior – 90% off – With its sequel around the corner, if you haven’t played the reboot of the classic franchise, you should. It was one of the best single player FPS games out in the last several years, and the charm of Wang’s one liners along with a focus on high speed and melee combat make for a game that should have stood out even more then it did. Get it, you won’t regret it.
- To The Moon – 80% off – Get it if you want the feels. That’s really all I have to say.
- Wadjet Eye Adventures Bundle – 67% off – An interesting combination of games here. There’s some good ones, like Primordia, which Don Parsons (news editor) writes: “
- This War of Mine – 50% off – I wrote the review for TechRaptor, and it’s one of those games that aren’t fun. It’s a wonderful experience, but it ain’t fun. But it’s a recommended game for a reason. It’s also now got a scenario creator.
- Legend of Grimrock Bundle – 79% off – A dungeon crawler for the new age. The second enhanced on the first’s experience with just more content all around, with puzzles that will challenge you, and enemies that don’t just boost in terms of stats with levels, but become more aggressive overall. Based on what I’ve heard, I’m picking this up, you should consider it as well. Good modding community here as well.
- Game of Thrones – 50% off – It’s what you expect from Telltale Games at this point: a team that knows its source material and knows exactly how to deliver in that experience. We’ve covered all the episodes in the games series, including the last episode here.
- Hatoful Boyfriend – 75% off – You’re a girl looking for love from birds in this dating simulator. Yes, birds. This is the peak of civilization here. But in all fairness, the game has reasonable writing, and the absurd nature of the game just plays so well, especially if you decide to get a bunch of friends together and do the characters voices.