Day 7 of the sales going on. I’m honestly trying to think of a good lead in here. Probably because I’m so exhausted from all the E3, TechRaptor, and my YouTube stuff that I’m just trying to stay awake at this point. But hey, sales! And hopefully they appeal to me more then yesterday because yesterday for me was a lot of games that I had absolutely no interest in. Because I’m picky at times. Also bad genre matches didn’t help, but anyway, on to the sales!
First of all, let’s look at the daily deals:
- South Park: The Stick of Truth – 66% off – With it’s sequel announced during E3, it’s a perfect time to pick up this basic RPG that really does bring the show alive and keep true to it’s out there nature. The combat, while not overly complicated, does work and you’re going to be here for the writing and the charm that South Park has. If you haven’t played it, pick it up now.
- Pillars of Eternity – 33% off – Not a big deal, but the game hasn’t been out for that long. Check out our review if you want more information on it, but all I’ve heard is good things on the game (well, at least the in game stuff) since it came out. They do have an upcoming expansion that was announced for it.
- Game of Thrones – A Telltale Game Series – 50% off – Like Game of Thrones? Like story drive experiences with good writing and actual decisions to make. Then get it.
- Offworld Trading Company – 50% off, Early Access – I’ve been a fan of Stardock’s products and this is no exception with the game focusing on economics and trading and trying to get an advantage on your competitors. We’ve also done a cool interview with Brad Wardell, Stardock’s CEO, here. It’s the one way that early access should be used in my opinion: that the base game is still working and good, but the company wants customer feedback.
- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes – 75% off – One: if you own a PS4 and PS Plus, you can get it for free. Two, at this point, 5 bucks is worth the experience, as an appetizer to the full game that will release in at couple of months.
- Dungeons II – 50% – I’m picking it up without knowing a lot about it, because I really need my dungeon keeper fix. Like badly. There are problems with the game with too long cooldown timers, but it’s core gameplay seems to be reasonable, and I’ll do a first impressions on it soon enough.
- The Elder Scrolls Franchise – 66-75% off – I mean seriously, do you not have it at this point? Skyrim is worth it alone for the ridiculous amount of mods it has, but don’t overlook Oblivion or Morrowind either, withthem also being good games in the genre. Honestly if you don’t have it at this point, I’m questioning why you’re reading this far into the description.
- Company of Heroes Franchise Games – 75% off – You can get a lot of the expansions and DLC here, and while people have problems with the DLC practices, even the core game has a lot of enjoyable and rewarding strategy gameplay, especially when taking commanders into account. The DLC gives you more options to already what’s a good game.
- Euro Truck Simulator 2 – 80% off – I don’t get the craze. I don’t. But you know what? People love the game. And it’s 80% off on what seems to be a deep progression system in terms of loans/skills/etc, and even had enough of a backing to make an American version of the game.
- Banished – 75% off – City builder type game, haven’t heard a lot about it. Reading on it, great mod support, and a lot of challenge in terms of the simulation portion of the game. For those who want to really try to run a city with everything fighting against you.
- ARMA Franchise – 60-85% off – ARMA III has a lot of good mods to a game that’s really reasonable in terms of it’s realistic military combat. If you get the game: you’re getting it for the mods. And there’s a bunch of good ones.
- DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition – 66% off – Do I really need to explain Dynasty Warriors. It’s a hack and slash game that’s not necessarily a button masher, there is some tactics involved. You do a lot of the same thing, but you are there for the thrill of killing hundreds upon hundreds of enemies. A good de-stresser in my opinion, but be weary as the port does have issues.
- Planetary Annihilation – 85% off – Seems to require some reasonable specs to play without problems from what I’m reading, with seemingly above average mechanics in the RTS genre. Ask around on this one: the price may be too good to pass up.
- StarDrive II – 40% off – I’m going to let Totalbiscuit handle this one. But I’d avoid it specifically because of the fact that it seems to be really, really buggy.
- Plague Inc: Evolved – 33% off, Early Access – Look more Early access! Ok, to be fair on this one, I’ve enjoyed my time with it being a superior version of the flash game from so many years ago. Honestly, I’d still wait at this point until it’s completed, it’s doesn’t stand out enough to really justify the low price discount.
As for the highlights of the Flash Sales that end at 10 AM PST:
- Torchlight 2 – 80% off – Not only did it remind me of my fond days with Diablo 2, but it’s got a lot of good mods that I can recommend to make things even better.
- Bastion – 75% off – Great action mixed in with a narrator that you just want to listen to forever. One of my favorite games over the past several years, it hooked me in and just kept me going. Good variety in weapons, great challenge with the extra totems, and overall, something that you should already have in your collection. In fact, if you don’t, why don’t you. Why do you do this to me. I thought we had something special.
- Speedrunners – 80% off, Early Access – Can I just say I have no idea why this is still in Early Access? Regardless, it’s a great multiplayer experience that’s simple at the core: knock your opponent out by running him off the screen, but can lead to chaotic party game fun. Worth it at the price for the laughs alone.
And the rest of the games include: Please Don’t Touch Anything (50% off), Test Drive Unlimited 2 (75% off), The Jackbox Party Pack (50% off) , The Sims 3 (40% off), Trainfever (75% off), Never Alone (60% off), Hearts of Iron III (75% off), Planet Explorers (50% off, Early Access), S.T.A.L.K.E.R. bundle (60% off), Lichdom: Battlemage (87% off), The Secret World (70% off), and Creativerse (60% off, Early Access).
Now, there was a set of games that were released at 10 PM PST yesterday that are still on sale, that will end at 10 PM PST tonight. The games include the highlights of:
- Dust: An Elysian Tale – 80 % off – A beautiful action game with RPG elements that really takes the artwork and puts it in the forefront WITHOUT breaking the fun combat and combos that can be wracked up. I was able to sum up how good the game was in 90 seconds, it’s a MUST have.
- Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds – 75% off – An anime style beat em up with a lot of fun combo racking up elements, and hidden complexity. There’s just something so satisfying about racking up 100+ combos in this game, and the characters play reasonably different as well. Good value here.
- Chroma Squad – 15% off – I know, it’s not a great sale, but I really can’t express how under appreciated I think this game is. Great tactical RPG combat and a must have for Power Rangers fans in my opinion. I’ve loved every second of it. Take a look at the review.
The other games in this list include: Kentucky Route Zero (50% off), Supreme Commander 2 (75% off), War of the Overworld (40% off), The Ship (80% off), Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas (50% off), Gunpoint (80% off), RAGE (75% off), Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (75% off), Overgrowth (25% off, Early Access), Eastside Hockey Manager Early Access Edition (33% off, Early Access, Who releases an early access edition), Gone Home (88% off), and Devil May Cry Franchise (70-76% off).
And finally, there’s the games that got unlocked with the Monster Clicker game that last until 10 AM PST tomorrow: King Arthur’s Gold (75% off), Void Destroyer (50% off), One Way Heroics (80% off), Tokyo School Life (45% off), Dreadout (75% off), display Fusion (80% off), Fight the Dragon (80% off), Abyss Odyssey (66% off), and Astebreed (75% off).
And by request of a user on twitter, I decided to also include some highlights from the GOG sale going on. The times here are different, so keep that in mind if you’re taking a look at games over at the DRM free service.
- Thief Bundle – 75% off – On top of its genre in terms of stealth gameplay. A classic in that regard, sneaking through the night and attempting not to be seen, sneaking in and out undetected.
- This War of Mine – 50% off – I wrote the review for TechRaptor, and it’s one of those games that aren’t fun. It’s a wonderful experience, but it ain’t fun. But it’s a recommended game for a reason. It’s also now got a scenario creator.
- Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky – 50% off – It’s a JRPG in all the right ways, and prefect if you need that kind of fix.
- Gothic 2 – 60% off – I’ll just let our news editor, Don Parsons, handle this: “ “
- Jade Empire: Special Edition – 80% off – A unique setting, good RPG mechanics, done by Bioware when it wasn’t be corrupted by EA, all the elements for a great adventure here.
- Alone in the Dark – 75% off – Want to see how the survival horror genre started? It started here when it comes down to it. Historical relevance is why you should pick this one up, just for the experience of how the genre started. I wish I could say the franchise is still alive and well, but, it’s dead. It’s really, really dead.
Also my Blackhawks won the cup yesterday, so I’m going to go celebrate by playing some ice levels of some game. Don’t know which. Maybe some Shovel Knight….