It’s now day 5 of the summer sale, and basically I don’t know how many people will read this article because of all the E3 stuff going on. I mean, we love to save of course, but it’s E3. The hype train has arrived at the station, and therefore, people want to talk about that. In the meanwhile, I’ll just cover these sales. Alright? Alright.
First of all, let’s look at the daily deals:
- Dishonored – 75% off – With it’s sequel around the corner now, it’s a great time to play the stealth focused first person steampunk action game that really stood out to a person who’s not really a stealth genre lover. That should say enough. While there is a definitive edition coming for the Xbox One and PS4, there’s no information about that heading to the PC.
- Divinity Franchise Games – 33-80% off – There’s a lot of good content here, obviously headlined by Original Sin and being a great game from last year. But don’t overlook things like Dragon Commander with its hybrid politics and board/RPG style, or Divine Divinity and it’s Diabloish style.
- Shadowrun games – 33-80% off – What’s interesting here it includes the preorder of Shadowrun: Hong Kong (but again, the typical pre-order warning). But at the price of <5 bucks, Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director’s Cut may be the biggest steal on this list.
- Bioshock Franchise Games – 75-85% off – Bioshock: Infinite at 75% off is appealing there, and the original is no slouch either. It’s a shame this doesn’t include the DLC which is only 50% off, however.
- Galactic Civilizations Franchise Games – 25-75% off – This includes the recently released Galactic Civilization III, which got an 8.5 as it was: “A great starting point for new players, and an even nicer reason to take up an old addiction for veterans.”
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 – 70% off – Looking for a simple yet addictive RPG system in the JRPG format? Yeah, this is probably right up your alley then.
- Dead Rising Franchise Games – 54-66% off – Dead Rising 3 to me felt like a step back in the series, and honestly if you’re really looking for more zombie carnage, I guess now’s a good time as any.
- Lords of the Fallen – 60% off – People have compared it to the Dark Souls series, but it’s been pretty hit and miss when it comes to users. Ask around on this one in terms of play experience, as I don’t have enough of an experience with it to give you a real good answer.
- Crusaders Kings II – 80% off – A lot of apparent drama and soap-operaish elements in this strategy game in the Medieval ages. Have heard a lot of good on it, but never played it. May change that this time around. For 75% you get the package with DLC, and it’s really a DLC based game.
- Ryse: Son of Rome – 66% off – It’s pretty. And repetitive. And Pretty. And repetitive. And Pretty. And Repetitive.
- Garry’s Mod – 50% off – If you don’t have it yet, now’s not a time to start, as it’s been 75% off before, and if you’ve waited this long, you can wait a little bit longer.
- Five Night’s at Freddy’s Franchise Games – 33-75% off – If you haven’t experienced them, I guess you can start now? But if you don’t like jumpscare experiences at all, then avoid.
- Project Zomboid – 40% off, Early Access – Oh look, another open world zombie survival game in early access. I can’t even come up with enough jokes about this anymore.
- The Long Dark – 50% off, Early Access – I’ll give it this: it’s got a lot of good word of mouth. But it’s yet another open world survival game in Early Access.
- Dead or Alive 5: Last Round – 50% off – It’s great that it’s discounted, but you are paying for a fighting game that doesn’t have it’s online component yet. Pass.
As for the highlights of the Flash Sales that end at 10 AM PST:
- Shadow Warrior Franchise games – 25-90% off – While the original is 25% off weirdly enough, the fantastic 2013 shooter is 90% off, on the heels of the Shadow Warrior 2 announcement made.
- Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons – 90% off – If you haven’t gotten this one, pick it up. As put in his review, Stephen indicates that ” Cohesive game design – and sublime storytelling – cement Brothers as one of the best games of 2013.”
- Scribblenauts: Unlimited – 75% off – Great value to pick up to just play around the world, and with steam workshop support, even more reason to just mess around.
Other games in the flash sales include: Repopulation (33% off, Early Access), 3DMark (80% off), Savage Lands (50% off, Early Access), Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition (78% off), Deathtrap (50% off), Automation (15% off, Early Access), Toxikk (33% off, Early Access), Trials: Fusion (66% off), Xenonauts (50% off), Gang Beasts (33% off, Early Access) and I Am Bread(66% off)
Now, there was a set of games that were released at 10 PM PST yesterday that are still on sale, that will end at 10 PM PST tonight. The games include the highlights of:
- Westerado: Double Barreled – 30% off – An interesting game that puts you in the wild west attempting to find who killed your family. Some dynamic elements are present in trying to find your killer, and it’s overall a nice little experience.
- Alice: Madness Returns – 78% off – A really different take on the platformer/action platform, with a twist on the chaos that is the Alice in Wonderland experience.
- Ys Origin – 70% – As put by our Curators page: “An excellent hack and slash game full of wonderful story and action-packed gameplay.”
The other games in this list include: If My Heart Has Wings (66% off), Audiosurf 2 (40% off), Star Ruler 2 (50% off), From The Depths (65% off, Early Access), Remember Me (80% off), Lisa (70% off), Block n Load (80% off), Killer is Dead: Nightmare Edition (80% off), Slender: The Arrival (85% off), Geometry Dash (40% off), Flaming Cliffs 3 (75% off), and F.E.A.R. Collection (75% off)
And finally, there’s the games that got unlocked with the Monster Clicker game that last until 10 AM PST tomorrow: Dead Space 2 (78% off), Contrast (75% off), Frozen Cortex (50% off), Cook, Serve, Delicious! (90% off), Tales of Maj’Eyal (80% off), A Story About My Uncle (80% off), No Limits 2 Roller Coaster Simulation (25% off), and Avernum 2: Crystal Souls (50% off) .
And by request of a user on twitter, I decided to also include some highlights from the GOG sale going on. The times here are different, so keep that in mind if you’re taking a look at games over at the DRM free service.
- Wing Commander Bundle – 80% off – Nostalgia. Like space simulations of sorts? Or really want to be taken back to the 90s? Yeah, this bundle is exactly what you are looking for then.
- Unreal Tournament 2004 Editor’s Choice Edition – 75% off – I loved this series. I used to play a mod for it called deathball all the time, but it stills hold up to this day, even in single player. Good fast paced action.
- Postal 2 – 90% off – It doesn’t include the new DLC unfortunately, but honestly, you’re getting relatively the same experience out of the game. You can go crazy, or try to take what the game throws at you in terms of absurdity. Or piss everywhere. Your call.
- Magicmaker – 80% off – A clever action game that let’s you combine elements in a variety of ways to make magic spells in a variety of ways. For the type of person who wants to experiment.
Honestly, I’d be lying if I said anyone read this far with all the E3 coverage going on. I mean, sales are cool, but look at all the new shiny things! But hey, I’ll be here anyway regardless. See ya tomorrow.