WeMade, developers of Riders of Icarus, managed to do something that few game companies were able to do in the last few years: introduce a new, interesting mechanic in an MMORPG. The riding combat and the mount collecting aspect of the title paid off big time by the looks of it. Nexon America announced that Riders of Icarus surpassed the one million players mark in the west. Just in time for the release of the next update, Rift of the Damned.
“We are thrilled and humbled by the reception of Riders of Icarus in the west,” says Hoon Seok, the game’s producer at WeMade. “We are committed to ensuring our players’ experience in Riders of Icarus is one-of-a-kind, and part of that commitment comes from continuing to support the players who have brought the game this far. We hope they’ll continue on the journey with us as we add more content and features to the game, and look forward to welcoming new players as well.”
As of now, WeMade and Nexon America delivered on their promises. After the launch of the game’s beta this July, a constant stream of updates, big and small, followed.Talking about that, a new major update is coming next week. 29th of September marks the release of Rift of the Damned, which will add so much new content to Riders of Icarus.
Here is the big stuff that Rift of the Damned is going to add to the game:
- A whole new zone and a completely airborne one at that. What would an MMORPG be without at least a zone completely made of floating islands and boulders?
- New quests that will feature the legendary Pegasus Knights in their fight against the agents of chaos.
- A new high-level Dungeon that will put players against two new bosses in their quest for loot and rare mounts.
- New mounts because this is Riders of Icarus we’re talking of. Void creatures will make awesome rides.
- Increased level cap. Players will be, with this update, able top reach level 40.
It looks like Riders of Icarus is in great shape, lately. In our preview, TechRaptor claimed that the game has potential and judging by the great response of public and the work Nexon and WeMade are putting into it, it would seem that that potential didn’t go to waste.More About This Game