Riders of Icarus has been in beta for a month now and it was received largely positively. This new MMORPG puts mount collecting and mounted combat in the spotlight while still having a pretty solid gameplay. Now, WeMade Entertainment and Nexon America released the first major content update for the title which includes a whole new area and, you guessed it, new tameable mounts.
The content of Blight of the Frost Keep is aimed at high-level characters. It includes new challenging dungeons for the players to explore with new bosses to fight and loot to acquire.
Here’s what this update adds to the game:
- Parna’s Coast: Enter the new snow-covered lands of Parna’s Coast to discover new dangers and new mounts as you explore this fascinating new high-level region. With powerful monsters and a misty frost that permeates the area and can affect a players’ mobility if they’re not prepared, Riders will want to team up with others to succeed in the new ‘Field Raid’.
- The Frost Keep: Riders level 34 and above will find an icy challenge awaiting them in the new Frost Keep dungeon, the stronghold of the Frost Guard and their enigmatic leader. In this barren and lifeless keep, players will have the chance to add ghostly new mounts to their collection.
- Cavern of the Veil: More mysteries will be unearthed by Riders level 28 and above in the Cavern of the Veil, where they will face off against a variety of deadly bosses deep underground. As players explore, they should keep their eyes peeled to find and tame a rare mount!
- New Mounts: Parna’s Coast has its own unique environment, and with it comes new mounts to capture and tame, including the Venomous Caspert, Karas and Terror Kerav, who will lend an advantage in the frosty lands.
- Guild Alliances: Forge strategic alliances with other guilds in preparation for future large scale PVP war events! Players’ efforts will see their alliances grow stronger and their fame spread throughout the land.
This first major content update is the first of many according to Nexon America. WeMade Entertainment, developers of Riders of Icarus, promised that more content will be added in the future that will expand the world and add more depth to the game in general. They also claimed that the response to the game has been overwhelming so far and all the feedback they receive is and will continue to be important to help the developers shape the game.More About This Game