R. Talsorian Games has announced the new Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit will be releasing on August 1, 2019. The kit is a boxed set that will contain everything players will need to get started playing Cyberpunk Red, which is the latest edition for the storied tabletop roleplaying series. This edition’s story is being set in between the original Cyberpunk 2020 and the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 from CD Projekt Red. R. Talsorian Games thinks the kit is a great entry point for people new to tabletop games as well as veterans of the series who might want to see how the rules and world of the game have changed.
The Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit will include:
- Lore and adventure book that will detail the world of Cyberpunk Red, along with a full, ready to play scenario and “Screamsheets” (in-universe news story and game information sheets)
- Rulebook containing the essential rules needed to play, the Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit will be utilizing a version of R. Talsorian Games’ Interlock game engine.
- Six pre-generated characters: Fixer, Netrunner, Nomad, Rocker, Solo, and Tech. All characters will come ready to play but can be customized using the Lifepath system.
- Four maps that will help players envision the environments of the world.
- Six dice: two ten-sided dice and four six-sided dice.
- Some other items will be included that haven’t been revealed just yet.
The kit will be making its debut at Gen Con 2019 in Indianapolis on August 1 with the kit being for sale at R. Talsorian Games’ booth 1852 as well as being sold as a digital download (without the dice obviously) through DriveThruRPG.com. The kit will then be available through R. Talsorian Games’ webstore and retailers shortly after. The Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit looks like it will make a starting point for new and veteran players alike looking to get a taste of what is to come when the new edition’s core rulebook releases later this year.
What do you think of the Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit? How do you hope the game has evolved in the new edition from previous ones? Let us know in the comments below!