PUBG Corp has released the details for the first major update to PUBG Mobile. The update is now live and brings with it a brand new Arcade Mode, Training Grounds as well as minor bug fixes.
Arcade Mode is a new 28 player mode that players can queue up for either solo or with friends. Each Arcade match will randomly choose 1 of 6 variations. Each variation brings its own match theme, which either limits the weapons in a match to one type, no weapons at all, or by allowing players access to all weapons and items. The six variations are as follows:
- Sniper Rifles
- All Melee
- All Weapons
- Item Heaven
The Training Grounds are available for players to test out all weapons and items. Players can test their aim on any weapon of their choosing or see the effects of any specific item. Training Grounds are only available solo and provide players with a means to hone their Chicken Dinner skills before entering into a match.
As well as these major additions, there are also a host of minor tweaks to many of the gameplay systems. Nitrous Oxide engines have been added to cars, and motorcycles can now perform flips. Players can enable automatic door opening in-game and firing animations have been improved. Here are the full patch notes for the update:
- Follow function has been added, can be used before parachuting and
- Automatic door opening can now be enabled in settings.
- Pause time between picking up multiple items has been adjusted.
- The teammate elimination icon now disappears after some time.
- Adjusted sound effects for footsteps, UI, vehicles, and entering /exiting
the Blue Zone.
- Jumping is no longer affected by sprinting.
- The crosshair is no longer blocked by the camera when standing next to a
- 4X and 8X issues with choppiness have been resolved.
- New animations for being attacked and defeated have been added.
- Improved firing animations.
- Leaning improvements: movement and animation speed increased, “Lean
& Open Scope” and “Lean & Fire” have been added.
- Enhanced combat experience: shake/vibration improved, button feedback
improved, animations while being attacked have been improved and
- Camera perspective now switches after death to the player who delivered
the killing blow.
- Motorcycles now have flipping tricks
- Added Nitrous Oxide engine to cars.
- Previously used vehicles are now be marked on the minimap.
Voice Chat Optimization:
- Fixed an issue that caused voice chat to stop working after creating a
- Fixed crashing issues that have been reported by some players.
- Improved Bluetooth headset issues in iOS (optimization on this is ongoing).
- Fixed an issue occurring with Android phones, that was not properly
displaying an error when the game did not have access to a microphone.
- Voice chat is now supported by more devices.
- Added a new background, Dusk
- Players can now swap between a 2 column and 3 column view when
- Added 3D touch firing options for iOS.
- added a performance chart, daily reward limits are now
- In-game Shop:
- Rank 1 coupons now available.
- Items & cheats now available.
- New outfits now available (region-specific outfit will be available soon!)
- Duplicate outfits can now be destroyed for currency to purchase new
In addition to the above-detailed update, Tencent has announced that they will begin banning players found to be cheating in PUBG Mobile effective immediately, to ensure healthy competitive play. Players who are found using software or additional hardware to gain an unfair advantage will be banned with immediate effect.
Which new PUBG Mobile feature are you most excited to try out? Let us know in the comments.