Launch day for a new console can always be difficult, with millions of people trying to connect to the servers to play games, download updates, and anything else they may want to do. And no matter how much a company prepares for this, the servers always struggle with the strain of that many people downloading software. The nice thing is, Sony is giving you an alternative! You can now download the PS4 1.50 update to a flash drive and install it on your system without having to worry about slow download times!
Here’s a quick step-by-step on how to do it!
- Plug your USB drive into your computer (preferably an empty one) and create a “PS4” Folder, with an “UPDATE” folder inside of it.
- Download this firmware update (Direct from Sony) and place it in the “UPDATE” folder you created.
- When you get your PS4, turn it off completely (no light on). If the light is on, touch the power button for 7 seconds until it beeps twice.
- Connect the USB drive into your PS4 and touch the power button for 7 seconds again, booting your console into safe mode.
- Select [Update System Software] and follow the prompts to install the update without any hassle!
Note: You have to name the folders as said above, or you may have issues finding the update when you want to install it.
There you have it! The download of the file itself only takes a few moments, and saves you the hassle of waiting to play when you get your console!
Is this a better solution than downloading from Sony’s servers for you?