The Overwatch Summer Games are back for 2018! Lúcioball is back, some new skins are here, and a bunch of changes have been pushed into the game according to the patch notes uploaded on the official website. Let’s dive right in!
As always, a trailer has been released to show off some of the new goodies in a stylish way. Have a look at it to see the new skins and highlight intros in motion!
Lúcioball and Copa Lúcioball (the competitive variant) are both making a return. The second season of Copa Lúcioball also brings with it a pair of new sprays for participants and the top players in each region.
A few minor in-game changes and additions have been made. Zenyatta, Lúcio, and Moira now have voice lines indicating that they’re under attack. Overwatch League team skins indicate the team’s city or state. Looking For Group will now save its settings after you change the filters, and a brand-new “What’s New” option will show off all of the latest unlockable content in one convenient menu.
Speaking of new unlockable content, here’s a nice gallery showing off some of the cool cosmetics you can grab for the 2018 Overwatch Summer Games:
Over a dozen heroes have had changes pushed in this patch; most heroes are only having one or two things adjusted. To start, the following Ultimates will now restore ammo for free after their completion: Genji’s Dragonblade, Junkrat’s RIP-Tire, Pharah’s Barrage, Roadhog’s Whole Hog, Winston’s Primal Rage, and Zenyatta’s Transcendence. That aside, here are the changes coming for each hero:
- Nano Boost range increased from 30 meters to 40 meters.
- Nano BBoostnow heals the target for 300 health.
- Shield Bash cooldown increased from 6 seconds to 7 seconds.
- An option to control repair pack sensitivity has been added into the menu.
- Rocket Punch no longer impacts Symmetra’s teleporter.
- Rocket Punch now destroys Symmetra turrets without causing him to stop moving.
- Lunge cooldown increase from 4 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Crossfade aura radius increased from 10 meters to 12 meters.
- Sound Barrier temporary shields increased from 500 to 750.
- Caduceus Staff healing reduced from 60/second to 50/second.
- Biotic Grasp passive energy regeneration rate increased from 2/second to 2.4/second.
- Decorative insignia no longer protrudes from the surface of his Barrier Field.
- Reduced the size of her head hit volume.
- Photon Projector range increased from 10 meters to 12 meters, bringing her ever closer to becoming a long-range beam sniper.
- Grappling Hook cooldown increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Energy drain rate reduced from 2/second to 1.6/second.
- Graviton Surge radius reduced from 8 meters to 6 meters.
You can read up on the developer’s notes for the changes and some other minor things that have been fixed or updated by checking out the patch notes in full. You might also want to have a look at the event page for the Summer Games. The Overwatch Summer Games ends on August 30, 2018.
What do you think of the changes made to heroes in this patch? Do any of the skins happen to appeal to you? Let us know in the comments below!More About This Game