The Overwatch Ashe Patch is here and the silver-haired vixen is now available for all to play according to the patch notes on the game’s official website.
Ashe is the latest hero to be added to the roster of Blizzard Entertainment’s multiplayer shooter. She was first introduced in the Reunion cinematic at Blizzcon 2018. The cinematic starred McCree and it also revealed Ashe, her Omnic bodyguard B.O.B., and a mysterious white robot named Echo.
The brand new hero is now live in the Overwatch Ashe Patch that deployed earlier today. Take a look at her introduction trailer to see her abilities in action:
Ashe is Hero 29, but we don’t yet know who’s coming up after her. The android Echo is likely to be a future character in the game but she certainly won’t be Hero 30.
Her main weapon is a lever-action rifle called The Viper which can be fired from the hip or with aim down sights. Her Coach Gun can be used to boop away enemies or send the criminal cowgirl soaring to new heights. Her Dynamite can be detonated when shot (or when the timer runs down) and will set any enemies caught in the radius ablaze.
Her Ultimate ability sends B.O.B. charging into battle; he’ll hold his ground after hitting an enemy or a wall and shoot his arm cannons at hostile targets. B.O.B. essentially counts as a seventh player. He can be healed or be affected by status buffs and debuffs. He can even capture a point for the short time that he’s in the fight.
You can find out more about McCree’s old boss on her Hero page. Of course, our gal also has a nice set of Legendary skins available. The two sets are based on mobster and safari themes.
The Overwatch Ashe patch also pushes some balance changes for a handful of the game’s heroes.
- Mercy: Valkyrie Ultimate cost reduced by 15%
- Valkyrie healing per second increased from 50 to 60
- Reaper: Hellfire Shotguns spread randomization reduced by 50%
- Hellfire Shotguns spread pattern adjusted
- The Reaping life steal increased from 20% to 30% of the damage you inflict on enemies
- Roadhog: Chain hook pull delay reduced from 0.5 seconds to 0.3 seconds
- Targets momentum greatly reduced on successful hook
- Hook cooldown now begins immediately
- Scrap Gun spread randomization reduced by 50%
- Scrap gun spread pattern adjusted
- Whole Hog knockback velocity increased from 8 m/s to 10 m/s
- Whole Hog horizontal recoil slightly decreased
- Symmetra: Photon Projector primary fire beam charges up 20% faster
A number of other small changes have also gone through; be sure to read the full patch notes for all the details.
As with most new heroes, you won’t be able to play Ashe in Competitive Play for a couple weeks. Bear that in mind and take the time to practice with her now. Players concerned about getting a chance to test her out will be happy to hear that No Limits is available in the Arcade, though the first few days are likely to be chaotic battles packed with Ashes on both sides.
This Overwatch patch was the hefty “reinstall” patch that we were warned about not too long ago. Bear in mind that it might be making a dent in your data usage if you’re on a metered line. Other than that, get out there and have some fun!
What do you think of the Overwatch Ashe Patch? Are you excited to finally be able to play her in the game? Who do you think will be the next hero? Let us know in the comments below!More About This Game