Today Microsoft has announced that their popular Office Suite now called Office 365 is being released for free. Last year it was announced that if a teacher ordered the Office 365 package for a student then they would be able to receive it for free, now a student can just apply on their own.
The steps to see if you are able to get the latest version of Office 365 are extremely simple and only require you to be over the age of 13 and you need to have a school associated email. Your school must have an Office Organization Wide license for all students/faculty.
1) Go to Office 365 for Students
2) Enter a valid school provided email
For eligible members with the Office 365 package you will receive the following:
1) The latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Access and Publisher
2) Installation on up to five PCs or Macs, and Office apps on other mobile devices including Windows tablets and iPad
3) 1 Terabyte of OneDrive cloud storage
4) Office Online
Currently this offer is only available in the United States but is planning on going worldwide in the future.
For more info you can read the original Microsoft blog post here.