EA Sports continues their Madden 16 ratings reveal for the top players by position and today they revealed the final position, the Punters. The top players are as follows:
1. Pat McAfee: 95 Overall – 97 Kicking Power and 92 Kicking Accuracy. McAfee in 2014 had 30 punts land inside the 20 yard line. He also led the NFL with 70 touchbacks on kickoffs.
2. Johnny Hekker: 93 Overall – 97 Kicking Power and 97 Kicking Accuracy. Hekker finished 2nd with 33 punts inside the opponent 20 yard line. He’s also very dangerous on fake punts. Just ask the Seattle Seahawks!
3. Matt Bosher: 92 Overall – 92 Kicking Power and 97 Kicking Accuracy. Bosher finished 2014 with a 45.7 yards per punt average as well as 27 inside his opponents 20.
4. Thomas Morstead: 91 Overall – 95 Kicking Power and 91 Kicking Accuracy. Morstead led the entire league in allowing only 99 return yards on 58 total punts.
5. Sam Martin: 91 Overall – 96 Kicking Power and 95 Kicking Accuracy. Martin had 53 total touchbacks on kickoffs in 2014. He also had a net average of 40 yards per punt, good for 9th in the league.
In comparison, last years top 5 were Brandon Fields (96 Overall), Andy Lee (95 Overall), Thomas Morstead (93 Overall), Shane Lechler (92 Overall), and Matt Bosher (90 Overall). As you can see, we only had two returning top 5 punter from last years Madden NFL game. In fact, this years top punter, McAfee, was only rated an 83 in Madden 15. Johnny Hekker meanwhile, wasn’t even listed on the initial roster for Madden 15.
That does it for all the specific positions and their ratings for Madden 16. Stay tuned, as EA will continue to release the top players for each team and more. In the meantime, check out all of the position ratings at TechRaptor for Wide Receivers, Tight Ends, Offensive Lineman, Outside Linebackers , Defensive Ends, Defensive Tackles, Middle Linebackers, Safeties, Cornerbacks and Kickers. Let us know what you think! Who should’ve made it? Who shouldn’t have? Sound off below and let us know your thoughts!
Correction: we originally said only one of five returning, but obviously Morstead and Bosher make two. This also means this is not the group with the most turnover and that has been removed as it was a mistake – it was tied for it. Apologies to everyone. – Editor