Humble Originals are games funded by Humble Bundle themselves and are exclusively featured on the platform for a time. The games lean towards shorter experiences with an emphasis on experimental gameplay and trying new things. Humble Monthly get one of the Humble Original titles as part of their subscriptions each month.
All six of the free games are completely DRM-free. Here’s what you can get right now (whether or not you’re a Humble Monthly subscriber):
- Hitchhiker by Mad About Pandas: In Hitchhiker, you find yourself on a journey with no memory of how you got there. Look around in the car and the scenery for clues, and be careful about what you take at face value.
- 2000:1: A Space Felony by National Insecurities: The USS Endowment is an interplanetary spacecraft that has lost communication with Earth. You must use your deductive reasoning skills to find out who is behind the deaths of the crew and whether or not the ship’s on-board AI MAL is responsible for the crime. Should you find sufficient evidence to implicate MAL, it’s up to you to deactivate the rogue AI before it can do any more harm.
- Cat Girl Without Salad by WayForward Games: Created by Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse developer WayForward, Cat Girl Without Salad follows the adventures of Kebako, an intergalactic bounty hunter who also happens to be a cat girl. Travel among the stars with your faithful companion Squiddle as you track down the scum of the galaxy in a game that meshes shmup, rhythm, and RPG elements into a glorious, colorful mishmash.
- Uurnog by Niklas Nygren: Uurnog is a platformer with an interesting musical twist: the game’s music is generated by an algorithm. Access the super secret developer mode by pressing the mysterious F12 key and tinker with a level editor or the game’s included musical software to cook up some truly strange concoctions.
- THOR.N by ADVECT Productions: Waking up in your room on your birthday, you’re greeted by a guardian that has watched over you in the space where you’ve been isolated for your entire life. You can finally achieve citizenship and contribute to society in this quirky job simulator while listening to the soothing British voice of your guardian.
- Crescent Bay by ADVECT Productions: A first-person psychological thriller, Crescent Bay has you taking on the role of John Bishop. John finds himself at the home of a friend that happens to be the scene of a terrible crime. Fortunately, he has a certain insight into the world of the dead that lets him catch glimpses of what happened from the great beyond. Piece together the clues with a little spectral help and figure out what made such a bloody mess.
The six free Humble Originals are in the Humble Trove, a collection of DRM-free games that are available to Humble Monthly subscribers. To download them, simply head on over to the Humble Trove site and download any of the six titles labeled “Free Until 2/2”. You can get these games until February 2, 2018. If you’d like good deals on games on a regular basis, you can sign up for Humble Monthly for $12/month.
What do you think of the six games Humble Bundle is giving away for free? Are any of the titles particularly interesting to you? Let us know in the comments below!