Hopoo Games (developer of the popular indie roguelite Risk of Rain) have announced Deadbolt. The debut trailer reveals that the game is set for release later this year.
Following Risk of Rain‘s semi-randomly generated gameplay, Deadbolt tasks players as the avatar of Death in an attempt to mitigate an undead invasion. The trailer showcases gameplay footage that should seem familiar to fans of both Klei Entertainment’s Mark of the Ninja, as well as indie darling Hotline Miami and its recent followup.
Currently, Deadbolt is announced for a Q1 2016 release on Windows PCs. Although the studio’s previous title eventually saw a Mac/Linux release and is currently announced for a console release, no news regarding any additional platforms for Deadbolt have been detailed.
For everything else, Hopoo Games have released a small press release along with the trailer which is included below.
DEADBOLT, made by the same developers of Risk of Rain, is an extremely challenging stealth-action hybrid that allows you to take control of the reaper to quell the recent undead uprising. Play and complete missions given to you by the mysterious fireplace as you become the avatar of death. While the reaper has an impressive arsenal and skillset to kill the undead, he has one flaw – he dies in one shot… leaving you with no room for error.
• Complete over 30 extremely challenging missions
• Unlock and obtain over 30 weapons, ranging from a reaper’s scythe to an automatic grenade launcher
• Fight over 35 enemy types, ranging from zombies to vampires to bosses and more
• Choose your playstyle: quiet assassin, loud one-man army, or anything in between
• Gib them all! DEADBOLT’s dynamic gore system guarantees that all evisceration leads to satisfaction
• Choose your own way to complete a mission – no mission has to be completed in one way
• Accomplish a variety of objectives, like assassinating gang leaders and investigating mysteries
Are you a fan of Risk of Rain? Ready for the next release by Hopoo Games? Have you played Gunpoint by chance? Answer these questions in the comments below!