2017 has only just begun, but Rockstar Games has already added new content to Grand Theft Auto Online in their continuing commitment to supporting the still very popular online mode built into Grand Theft Auto V. This time around, players will be able to tinker with a new bike and can team up against other players in a new vehicular adversary game mode.
Benny has seemingly gone back in time with the uber-customizable Pegassi FCR 1000 – now available in GTA Online. This fully-featured beaut of a bike treads the fine line between old-school, no-frills engineering and a tight-trousered hipster’s delight. An instant classic, this bike will be the envy of your grandpa, even if he did disown you.
This new update, which is available right now for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, also adds a new adversary mode to the game’s playlists. This new mode is called Vehicle Vendetta and pits two teams against each other as they try to take the other team down using a variety of different vehicles and power-ups spread out across the map. Here’s a full list of all the power-ups you can use to take down the other team:
- Beast: Automatically transforms you into a Rhino Tank.
- Detonator: Removes obstacles and objects from the arena.
- Bomb: Place up to three bombs around the map to destroy trailing enemies.
- Rockets: Fire rockets at oncoming drivers to incapacitate them.
- Repair: Returns vehicle back to max health.
- Ghost: Become translucent, allowing you to drive through enemy vehicles to steal their power-ups.
- Jammed: Forces the accelerator on for the enemy team’s vehicles.
- Flipped: Reverses the enemy team’s steering, acceleration and braking controls.
- Zoned: Slows down time for all players.
- Deadline: Automatically switches you onto the Nagasaki Shotaro complete with devastating light trail.
- Random: Chance to collect any power-up except Detonator.
You’ll earn double RP and money in this mode until January 17.
Starting today (January 3), players will also be able to get some in-game items at a discount. This offer lasts until January 16.
- 25% more GTA$ on Vehicle Exports
- 25% off Special Vehicle Warehouse Renovations & Special Cargo Warehouses
- 50% off Grenade Launcher
- 25% off Engine Performance Upgrades
- 25% off Body Armor, Ammo, Throwables and Explosive Weapon Ammo
- 25% off all Masks
If playing the (still somewhat) new stunt races is more your kind of thing, you can now do so while earning double RP and money in all 27 Stunt Races. Playing the premium race during this event will get you triple RP and extra cash!
This is also the last day of Grand Theft Auto‘s winter event that covered the map in a thick layer of snow so if you still want to take part in the Snapmatic #FESTIVESURPRISE contest you will have until tonight to submit your entry.
What do you think of the new update? Let us know in the comment section below!More About This Game