My prayers have been answered. Maybe not the way I wanted it to be, but I’ll take it. The PC version of an Overwatch Patch has been applied today that will make tank players happy, and may leave cowboys a little bit salty.
Today’s patch has a couple of changes in it, but the biggest changes have to do with the nerfs that have been placed on popular Overwatch heroes McCree and Widowmaker, at least on the PC platform. Both heroes are usual mainstays in games due to their power, and hopefully, we’ll see a little bit more variety with these nerfs. They are available now, and the changes are below:
- McCree’s alternate fire bullet damage has been decreased from 70 to 45. With 6 bullets in the chamber, that means that it takes a possible 125 damage off the table. Blizzard indicated that the reason for the change was that McCree was doing too well against all targets and that he needed to be significant weaker against heroes like Reinhardt and Roadhog, but still deadly against heroes like Tracer and Genji.
- The amount of time it takes for McCree to recover after the peacekeeper alt fire was decreased from 0.75 seconds to 0.3 seconds.
- Widow’s scoped shot base damage was decreased from 15 to 12.
- Headshot damage multiplier increased from 2x to 2.5x. Basically, the changes mean that headshots are as deadly as ever, but it does take out a little bit of damage regarding her body shots. An effective widowmaker could easily control the battlefield before even if she didn’t get headshots, now it’s not as easy.
- She must finish the animation on unscoping before she can scope back in.
- Infra-Sight (her ultimate) cost was increased 10%. Blizzard indicated that it was coming up too frequently considering it’s impact on the game.
- Improved stability of the High Bandwidth option in custom games.
- Mercy can’t gain ultimate charge when damage boosting an ally who was attacking a barrier/Ice Wall (Bug fix)
- Reaper’s Shadow Step won’t get him into unintended locations on certain maps (Bug fix)
- Collision issues were fixed on Dorado regarding blocking line of sight.
Look, I still have problems with the range and deadliness of McCree’s stun grenade (I wish it was line of sight), but this is a big change. Seeing McCree gun down tanks was a bit of a problem when he’s supposed to be an anti-flanker. And I would still like to see Widowmaker’s ultimate actually have an announcement to it like pretty much every other ultimate in the game. But, it’s a good start, Blizzard. Also, Junkrat for life.More About This Game