Modiphius have made the rules available for the upcoming tabletop wargaming release of Fallout: Wasteland Warfare available for free on their site.
Fallout: Wasteland Warfare is an upcoming game that brings the world of the Fallout video games to the tabletop, through iconic characters and scenery. Several play types will be available on release, including standard head to head skirmish modes, as well as co-operative and solo play against a great AI card system and also narrative play, with an ongoing story.
The products they have made available for download are:
- Fallout: Wasteland Warfare Rules of Play PDF – A free full 60-page rulebook for the upcoming game.
- Fallout: Wasteland Warfare Getting Acclimated – A free beginners guide to your first few games and basic scenarios.
- Fallout: Wasteland Warfare Print and Play – Free printable character and equipment cards to get you started playing in some basic demo games.
- Fallout: Wasteland Warfare Dice and Ruler conversions – A free dice and ruler conversion sheet in-lieu of the release of the official dice and rulers.
- Fallout: Wasteland Warfare Campaign Booklet – Free for pre-order customers or £6.99 with the rules for a variety of different styles of play, including Solo/Co-op narrative against AI, Settlement Mode, and other scenarios.
While not the full release we are all waiting for, the releases will allow you to get your Fallout: Wasteland Warfare fix until they do fully release the products.
I was lucky enough to be invited to Modiphius HQ a few weeks ago, where I got to try out skirmish and solo play of Fallout: Wasteland Warfare, view the models in the first few release waves and interview the design team. A full write-up will be published on March 27 so make sure you come back for that, but here’s a preview of some of what we saw.
Are you looking forward to this release? Which Faction are you planning on playing? Which style of play are you most looking forward to?