As it has come to be known with the launch of a Bethesda RPG, comes a myriad of bugs. Bethesda this time are going about the way they update their games differently. For Fallout 4 they have released a beta for a patch that is available for PC players who opt in through Steam.
Here are the patch notes for Beta Update 1.2.33
- Number pad keys can now be used for remapping
- Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container
- General memory and stability improvements
- Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
- Fixed issue with When Freedom Calls where the quest would not complete
- During Confidence Man, fixed issue where player’s health would continuously regenerate
- Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
- Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly
What is strange is there is no mention of the Monsignor Plaza bug, one of the most devastating bugs some players have ran into. This bug causes the game to crash when entering a certain part of the map, meaning player must avoid a large area of the game and are unable to complete some quests, including the main quest.
But for these unlucky players there is some good news. Players that have opted into the beta have posted on the Official Bethesda forums saying that this update has fixed the Monsignor Plaza bug.
A post on the Steam Update section of the forums gives instruction on how opt in for the bet updates along with the patch notes. Bethesda do stress that you should back up your save file before opting in.
“This beta update is a work in progress so before opting into the beta, back up your saved games.”
To get the beta, you need to do the following:
- Log into Steam
- Right Click on Fallout 4 in your Library
- Select Settings
- Select Betas
- A drop down menu will appear. Select Beta Update
- Select OK.
- Wait a few minutes and Fallout 4 should update.
- When done, Fallout 4 should appear as Fallout 4 [beta] in your Library
This patch will first roll out for PC players and then console after that. No date has been given by Bethesda for when the update will be available for everyone.More About This Game