SCS Software has announced today on Steam that it is now allowing players to update to the public beta of its 1.14 patch. This new patch will bring in some new features into the game and (gasp) a new truck! If you feel like giving a hand and testing out the new features while giving your input, it’s time to update your game now.
New features include:
- Configure your axles to lift! Many trucks lift axles to help manage weight distribution and maneuverability.
- Your speed limit is now shown in your dashboard GPS, as opposed to showing up only on the on-screen GPS overlay that appears when hitting F3.
- If your vehicle turns over, your damage will increase as opposed to giving you a minor scratch.
- If you damage your cargo, you’ll notice that companies will be angrier at you for receiving broken cargo. Your cargo is bad, and you should feel bad.
- Your turn indication lights and steering will have impact on the camera rotation (helpful if you’re not using a gamepad).
- Traffic has been improved. The SCS announcement doesn’t indicate exactly how.
The game also reportedly added a few new Steam-interaction features, including “Rich Presence”, where you get to see job information under “View more info” when browsing your Steam friends list. SCS Software provided the screenshot posted below.
Ah, I almost forgot to mention: A new truck has been added to the game! Yes, you can now drive around in a DAF XF Euro 6 truck. The new update will also allow you to purchase six-wheeled axles for (almost) all your trucks.
To participate in this public beta, just follow my (convoluted, excessively poorly-written, and confusing) instructions:
- Go to your Library, right-click on Euro Truck Simulator 2, and click on “Properties”.
- You’ll now see a tab called “BETAS”. Click on it. Don’t ask, just do it.
- Click on the drop-down list that appears and then select “public_beta – 1.14 public beta”.
In case you’re about to rip your hairs out (ha ha I don’t have hair), here’s a consolation screenshot:
NOTE: If you are using the multiplayer mod, it will not work until the developer of that mod updates it for compatibility with the 1.14 patch. Until then, use “temporary_1_12_01”.
That is all. We will now return you to our regular scheduled programming.