Darkness stirs beneath Tristram. An ancient evil sweeps across the land, plunging it into civil war and terrorizing the populace. A mad king, his missing son, and a mysterious archbishop are all pieces of the puzzle you need to hack through. You have journeyed to the source of this evil. The town of Tristram – now inhabited only by a handful of survivors, broken and twisted by the madness that has befallen them. A cathedral stands there, built over the ruins of an ancient monastery. Eerie lights and ungodly sounds are heard echoing through its abandoned halls, and that is where you shall venture.
- Experience the legendary action/RPG that influenced an entire genre.
- Storm Diablo’s halls as either a Warrior, a Sorcerer or a Rogue – each with unique skills and abilities.
- Unite to destroy Diablo – up to 4 players can band together via Internet, or play head-to-head via direct IP.
- Unprecedented replayability – over 200 different monsters inhabit Diablo’s ever-changing labyrinth. Equip epic items to conquer fearsome bosses and their minions.
- A spine-chilling story – experience the horror of a world held in the grasp of The Lord of Terror.
Travelers looking for the authentic Diablo experience can play the game as it was in 1996, with period-appropriate 20 FPS SVGA graphics, and the ability to matchmake through the classic version of Blizzard’s Battle.net® online-gaming service.
For those wanting something a bit more modern, Blizzard and GOG.COM have collaborated on an updated version of the game tuned for today’s gaming PCs, which includes out-of-the-box Windows 10 compatibility, a host of bug fixes and high-resolution support via aspect ratio-correct upscaling.
- The most voted game on the GOG.com wishlist, finally trapped in a DRM-free soulstone!
- Return to the beginning of this dark saga, now in digital format for the first time ever.
- Better value than Wirt’s wares, guaranteed.
Release DateDecember 31, 1996
MonetizationOne Time Purchase
RatingM - Mature
No media posts about this game.