With the release of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on the horizon, the hype machine is slowly started up by Square-Enix and Eidos.
The developer has released a 6-minute trailer showcasing a big part of the game’s features and shows off new weapon types and gadgets you can play around with while you’re deciphering a vast conspiracy in a futuristic version of the world on the brink of a terrible civil war. What’s more: the entire trailer is narrated by none other than Adam Jensen himself, which makes the entire thing at least 3 times as cool as it would be without his narration. See for yourself:
I think what strikes me the most is the sleek and beautiful aesthetic of the world with minimalist design and moody scenes of the futuristic city, underscored by what has the makings of an intriguing story. The trailer also shows off how different approaches to certain situations could influence the story significantly. The video shows Jensen attempting to apprehend a suspect using different methods. The violent, guns blazing method makes the suspect uncooperative while sneaking in silently and killing no one persuade him to turn himself in.
This ability to use choice to influence the narrative gets expanded on in a blog post on the official PlayStation blog (scroll down for extra screenshots). Every choice you make will have consequences, and the ending of the game can change depending on how you’ve conducted yourself during your investigation, which takes you to places like Prague, Dubai and a ghetto called Golem City. They say they have also made sure that the game’s sidequests feel meaningful and each of the 4 sidequests will introduce you to new characters with full dialogue and story arcs.
This blog post also mentions a host of new augmentations you can unlock and use, the ability to modify weaponry on the fly wherever you are. The hacking minigame has also been upgraded with some new features like remote hacking and once you’ve beaten the main campaign you have the ability to start a new game+, which means you will start a new game with your already leveled and upgraded version of Adam Jensen.
The developer has also released the pricing structure for the different versions of the game, as well as what’s contained in each version.
Boxed Edition (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Windows PC(In Europe Only))
- Day One Edition – NA: $59.99 Console Only | Europe: £54.99/€69.99 on console, £39.99/€49.99 on PC
- Extra in-game mission
- Covert agent packs: this pack contains a compilation of in-game items, including various weapons, re-skins, and upgrades. Using the wide variety of items included in this pack, you will be able to both sport a custom look, and obtain additional tools to support your play style of choice
- Digital OST Sampler
- Digital Books (Mini Artbook + Novella + Comic book)
- Collector’s Edition – NA: $139.99 Console Only | Europe: £109.99/€129.99/ on console, £99.99/€119.99 on PC
- All Day-One Edition content
- Exclusive Black and Gold Prism box
- 9″ Adam Jensen Figurine
- 48-Page Artbook
Digital Editions (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Windows PC)
- Digital Standard Edition – NA: $59.99 All | Europe: £49.99/€69.99 on console, £39.99/€49.99 on PC
- Extra in-game mission
- Covert agent packs: This pack contains a compilation of in-game items, including various weapons, re-skins, and upgrades. Using the wide variety of items included in this pack, you will be able to both sport a custom look, and obtain additional tools to support your play style of choice
- Digital Deluxe Edition – NA: $89.99 All | Europe: £74.99/€99.99 on console, £64.98/€79.98 on PC
- All Digital Standard Edition content
- Season Pass
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is scheduled to release on August 23 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and systems running Microsoft Windows.
What did you think of the trailer for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided? Are you looking forward to trying out the new features? Let us know in the comments!More About This Game