Pre-load is now live for Destiny 2‘s open beta. If you’re a PC gamer who has pre-ordered, you should definitely pre-load as soon as possible because you’ll also be granted with early access to the Open Beta – giving you an extra 24 hours to check out the game on PC before the wave of Open Beta players arrives. Based on our experience, the Open Beta period will likely be the determining point for a lot of PC gamers who are on the fence about the game.
For those that have already made up their mind and want to maximize their pre-order value, we’d suggest grabbing a copy before August 28 ends (the early access start date) from either GMG or GamesPlanet, both of whom are offering a pre-order deal discount on Destiny 2. As of writing, the savings are 18% for GMG for US gamers, while GamesPlanet has a more nominal 5% off for European gamers.
Destiny 2 PC Deals
- Destiny 2 (Battle.net Key) — $49.19 (list $60)
- Destiny 2 (Battle.net Key) — £42.79 (list £45) UK/EU Only
- Destiny 2 Digital Deluxe Edition (Battle.net Key) — £75.79 (list £80) UK/EU Only
- Destiny 2 Digital Deluxe Edition (Battle.net Key) — $81.99 (list $100)
Both retailers above are authorized Activision Blizzard distributor, giving legit Battle.net keys for Destiny 2. As such, they come with the pre-order bonus of early access to the Open Beta. Both retailers have been confirmed to be giving early access key/redemption code.
Besides the early access to Open Beta which is starting in less than 24 hours, buying either the Standard or Deluxe Edition of the game during the pre-order phase will grant you access to the Coldheart exotic weapon rifle. Bungie has a 40-second video showcasing the weapon here. It’s not going to make or break your gameplay experience, but it’s a nice addition that goes beyond the typical cosmetic skins and emblems.
Steps to Pre-Load Destiny 2 Open Beta Early Access
So for those who have decided to take up on the pre-order offer and get started early on Open Beta. What do you have to do to get started?
To start with, PC early access beta starts at August 28, 10 AM Pacific Time.
- Register/sign-in to Bungie.net using your Blizzard/Battle.net login.
- Redeem the early access code at Bungie’s site here.
- When they become available (which they are now), you can redeem your Beta code here.
- Login into your Battle.net account and redeem your key in the Blizzard Shop (basically adding a new product to your library).
Destiny 2 arrives on the PC on October 24, 2017. The PC version of the game will only be available on Battle.net (and not on Steam).
Disclaimer: This deal post is from the crew at Dealzon. Sales at select retailers will help support TechRaptor. Our goal is to list noteworthy game and tech deals from across the web. Feedback? let us know in the comments below!