Last night on the official Warhammer Community Twitch Stream, Cubicle 7 revealed the cover for their upcoming Warhammer Age of Sigmar RPG as well as some details on the system itself. The cover was created by the veteran artist, Johan Grenier, who has produced Age of Sigmar artwork in the past.
The cover shows a band of heroes, made up of a Knight-Questor, Excelsior Warpriest, Isharann Tidecaster, an Endrinrigger and a Kurnoth Hunter facing down the legions of Chaos and Death. These represent some of the classes that will be available to play in the RPG.
Age of Sigmar is a tabletop wargame by Games Workshop, which continued the setting narrative from their original Warhammer Fantasy Battles. Cubicle 7 have already had dealings with the GW license and have produced a great 4th Edition of the popular Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.
The Age of Sigmar RPG will have input from some incredible Games Workshop, Black Library authors such as David Guymer, Josh Reynolds and Clint Werner.
The system will use pools of six-sided dice (D6s), which will be produced by combining your character attributes and skills together. There will be three attributes, Body, Mind and Soul and twenty-four unique skills.
Each character will also have access to talents which will be available depending on the archetype you choose. Several archetypes have been confirmed already, and these are:
- Knight-Questor – A lone knight with a sacred mission
- Knight-Incantor – A storm-mage that can command hurricanes and tempests
- Auric Runesith – A battle ready Dwarven war-priest
- Aether-Khemist – An armored Dwarf with high-tech tools
- Isharann Tidecaster – A master of the arcane energies of the deep water
- Witch Aelf – A bloodthirsty elf warrior
- Excelsior Warpriest – A warrior who can tap the power of divine light to fight the forces of Death and Chaos
- Former Freeguild Soldier – A soldier from the armies of the free people of the Mortal Realms
- Kurnoth Hunter – Huge Dryad-like warriors, the embodiment of nature’s wrath
- Skink Starpriest – A Lizardman magic user
- Realmswalker – Mysterious warriors who can travel between realms
The Core rulebook will also provide details on life in the Mortal Realms and the Age of Sigmar setting, focusing on the lands of the Great Parch in Aqshy and future products are already planned to explore other areas.
The Warhammer Age of Sigmar RPG will launch in 2019.
We’ll reveal more details on the Age of Sigmar RPG, along with looking more closely at the setting, characters and what to expect in the setting in upcoming articles.
Are you excited to play the Warhammer Age of Sigmar RPG? What’s your favorite archetype of those revealed? What do you think of the cover art? Have you played the 4th Ed of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay? Let us know in the comments below.