With the first Call of Duty WWII closed beta weekend set to end today, developer Sledgehammer Games has announced some of its plans for the second-weekend test. Alongside improvements and bug fixes, the Call of Duty WWII beta will receive a level cap increase ‘gradually’ during the second week of beta testing.
CharlieINTEL managed to take a screenshot of a now taken down post by Activision, which states that the beta level cap “will gradually increase to a final cap at Level 40.” During the first weekend test, the cap was increased from 20 to 25, introducing new weapons and equipment. Presumably, more content will be available with the level cap increase to 40. It’s worth noting that progress in the PS4-exclusive first-weekend test will carry over to the second, but won’t carry over to the full game.
— charlieINTEL.com (@charlieINTEL) August 27, 2017
Announced on the PlayStation Blog, a Call of Duty WWII Beta Weekend 2 preview livestream on Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook is scheduled for Wednesday at 10:00 am PST. Aside from community feedback and “key learnings” for the game’s full launch, “new content and other updates” will be shown during the stream. Additionally, Sledgehammer Games released a survey and shared its feedback for the first weekend of beta testing:
- We love the positive reactions to the new overhead camera esports feature. In response to feedback about the visibility of objectives, especially Hardpoints, we are currently working on solutions for launch.
- Some players are reporting getting trapped in an update loop after they are prompted to restart their game to complete an update of the client. We have been resolving these through basic troubleshooting and are investigating further steps.
- You have asked about a color blind setting in the menu. While not in the Beta, we have been working to have this for launch.
- In response to all the requests for bumper jumper configuration, we also plan to support this for launch.
- We’ve heard your feedback regarding playlist variety, and have made some adjustments to improve this. You know what else would improve it? More maps and modes.
- We’ve heard your feedback on the Paratroopers Scorestreak having some edge case issues. We made some adjustments today, but they didn’t address the core issue in the way we wanted. We’ve got new fixes coming soon.
- We are investigating a bug that causes some players to be kicked back to the Main Menu after accepting an invite from the load screen of any map.
- There is a bug causing the title to crash when an invitee accepts an invite while entering a match when the inviter is also entering the match.
- Some of you have noted that the incendiary shells feel too strong. We’re looking into data to determine if a nerf is needed.
- Improvements to Party UI / UX are underway. Implementation date is still TBD, but know that we are actively working on it.
Call of Duty WWII‘s Private Beta Weekend 2 starts 10 am PST for PS4 and Xbox One. A beta test has been confirmed by the developers but has yet to receive a date. The full game launches on November 3, 2017 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
What do you think so far of the Call of Duty WWII beta? Was it a successful return to boots on the ground gameplay? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.More About This Game