Sledgehammer Games is working on the first patch for the latest iteration of the Call of Duty franchise. As stated on their official site, the next patch for Advanced Warfare will feature “a number of polish items, fixes, and community requested changes”
Michael Condrey, Studio Head and Co-founder of Sledgehammer Games, wrote a bit about the content of the next update. Many of these, are adjustements widely requested by the players.
Our team has been working hard on improvements to the game. We’ve also had our ears to the ground, listening to your feedback. Our commitment to continuing to support the game and community is as strong as ever, and we have the whole team focused on making the experience the best it can be.
Then he lists some of the improvements we can expect in the game in the near future:
- Prestige reset issues, including emblems and challenges.
- Adjustment to the in-game chat names notifications placement.
- Fix for weapon reloads counting as speed reloads in certain circumstances.
- Connectivity optimizations.
- Fix for stats accumulating towards leaderboards after prestiging.
- Adjustment to challenges to unlock Camos for weapons.
- Fix for round-based game modes, affecting Win/Loss ratios.
- Implemented ability to unlock eSports Rule options in Private Match.
About the status of the servers, arguably one of the matters dearest to the players, Michael posts a statement Activision gave earlier this week:
Advanced Warfare employs game servers hosted at data centers globally on all platforms and listen servers as part of our proprietary matchmaking system. Our goal is to ensure the best possible connection and greatest gameplay experience regardless of location and time of day
It doesn’t really say much.
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare came out earlier this month. Read Tech Raptor’s review here.