Gearbox Software is going back to the well one more time. The Borderlands franchise is getting the star treatment once again, and this time Gearbox is going all out for the next generation.
Today, Gearbox announced that Borderlands: The Handsome Edition will be released on March 24th for both the Xbox One and Playstation 4. The Handsome Edition is not just a HD port of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, but also the complete package of Borderlands 2 as well.
And by complete package, I mean everything. Every single DLC for Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel will be available for the game. The list includes the following add-on’s, including some season pass content still not released for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.
- Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty (campaign add-on)
- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage (campaign add-on)
- Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt (campaign add-on)
- Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep (campaign add-on)
- The Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack (level cap increase)
- Gaige the Mechromancer (playable class)
- Krieg the Psycho (playable class)
- Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge (level cap increase & challenge arena)
- Creature Slaughter Dome (challenge arena)
- T.K. Baha’s Bloody Harvest (Headhunter Pack)
- The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler (Headhunter Pack)
- How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day (Headhunter Pack)
- Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre (Headhunter Pack)
- Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax (Headhunter Pack)
- All Character Customization Packs
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
- Handsome Jack Doppelganger Pack (playable class)
- Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack: The Holodome Onslaught (level cap increase & challenge arena)
- Shock Drop Slaughter Pit (challenge arena)
- Upcoming Season Pass Content (playable class)
- Upcoming Season Pass Content (campaign add-on)
That’s not all either, The Handsome Edition will also come with four player split screen co-op for the first time in the series. So going online is no longer the only way to play, instead having four friends over for some old fashioned co-op play is now viable. Plus players who already own the game don’t have to worry, they can transfer their progress from the PS3, PS Vita or the Xbox 360 to the new copy of the game.
There will also be two versions of the game released. Your standard edition of the game will cost you $59.99, which considering the amount of content included is practically a steal. The bigger package however is a very limited edition, the Claptrap in a Box Edition. Not only does it come with a copy of the game and a steel case, but you also get 12 Vault Hunter lithographs and an actual, remote controlled Claptrap.
You read that right, a remote controlled Claptrap bot that can be controlled with a companion app from any iOS or Android device. You’ll be able to play voice samples of some of Claptrap’s most iconic lines and look through a camera to see where Claptrap is headed as well.
Only 5,000 Claptraps will be available worldwide, and the cost is huge, the asking price is $399. If that makes you interested though, put a down payment on it while you can.
So how is that for a deal? Is it worth travelling back to Pandora for one more adventure? Let us know in the comments section.