Everyone knows about Batman: Arkham Knight‘s PC port by now—namely that it was completely terrible. Recently, a PC patch accidentally deployed for users who already own Batman: Arkham Knight on PC (it is still unavailable for purchase). However, now it is up for real and for all.
If you take a look at the Steam forums for Arkham Knight, the impressions from users seems fairly positive. The patch is a great step forward in fixing bugs and glitches, and improving performance overall.
These are the big things this patch focused on fixing:
- Reduced frame rate hitches
- Optimizations for system memory and VRAM usage
- Improved performance on all GPUs (requires the latest drivers)
- More Comprehensive In-Game Settings
- Fixed low resolution texture bugs
- Fixed hitches when running on mechanical hard drives (HDD)
Again, a great step forward, but if you look at some posts in the Steam forums, there are other issues to work out still. It is still far too early to tell, with several users reporting a new problem with the game crashing on launch. Seeing as Arkham Knight is still unavailable for purchase, Warner Bros. definitely knows there are still more things to iron out.
While what was listed above were the major things addressed in this patch, Warner Bros. also mentioned a lot of work was put towards what will be in future updates as well:
- Adding support for SLI and Crossfire
- Adding support for the latest DLC & Season Pass content
- Adding support for additional updates such as Photo Mode
- Continued improvements and bug fixing for a Windows 7 specific memory issue that occurs on configurations with 8GB of system RAM and some NVIDIA GPUs during extended game play
- Continued improvements for Windows 10 specific issues on systems with some AMD GPUs
Again, the immediately above is not quite in the game yet or part of the patch, but will be in the future. Warner Bros. mentioned in that statement to expect continual updates, fixes, and patches in the future. There is still no word on when it will be available, or ready, for purchase on PC again.
Do you own Arkham Knight on the PC and have you noticed a different? Any new issues? What still needs to be fixed?More About This Game