Are you unable to open hyperlinks in your Outlook Email Client? Do you get the error message: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."
This is not an
Outlook error. The most common cause is a corrupt registry key in Internet Explorer.
To fix this, follow these steps:
1. Click Start and open the Control Panel
2. Open Internet Options and click the "advanced" tab. Choose Reset and reset Internet Explorer Settings (whether you are running it or not)
3. On the Programs tab, under Internet programs, click Set Programs, then “Set your Default Programs”, select your e-mail program and click “Set this program as Default”. Repeat for Internet Explorer.
4. Finally, we are going to modify some registry keys:
- Click Start and go to Run. Type "regedit" and hit OK
- Browse to:
- Right click the value for the .html key and select Modify…
- Change the value from “ChromeHTML” to “htmlfile” (or from FireFoxHTML to htmlfile depending on your primary browser)
- Repeat step 4 for htm and .shtml keys if they exist.
- Close Outlook